How does tendering work?

MarathonMama629

I've only tendered on a cruise once and that was in Belize last year. I booked an excursion through Carnival. I'd like to do Grand Cayman on my own this year. How do I get a ticket to get off? If we arrive at GC on the Carnival Sunshine at 7 am, about what time should I be able to get off if I don't book an excursion through them?

Unless you have to be 1st off the ship, you won't need a tender ticket...simply get in line! Once the 1st couple tenders have gone, there's seldom even a line. If you must be in one of the 1st groups off, then you may need a ticket....I believe the excursion desk can supply them, or customer service.....they will tell you where.

The easiest way is to not need to be 1st off! It's really a breeze!

Okay. My parents are wanting to book through Carnival so they can get off the fastest, yet they aren't happy with the excursions available. So I'd be safe telling them we can eat a leisurely breakfast, then get in line, and get off around 9 or 10. That would still give us plenty of time to do our own thing.

Okay. My parents are wanting to book through Carnival so they can get off the fastest, yet they aren't happy with the excursions available. So I'd be safe telling them we can eat a leisurely breakfast, then get in line, and get off around 9 or 10. That would still give us plenty of time to do our own thing.

If you anchor at 7 am and everything goes as planned, you should easily be able to get on a tender without a wait by 8 or 8:30 am. Once they make an announcement that the tenders are running, give it a half hour and head down. It's simple.

So I'd be safe telling them we can eat a leisurely breakfast, then get in line, and get off around 9 or 10.

This is exactly what my wife and I did a couple of years ago in Grand Cayman. It wasn't even that leisurely. Woke up as soon as we arrived, had a shower, hit up the buffet line for some breakfast, and then started working our way to the taxi/ferry thing. No line to speak of. Everyone who had an early excursion had already gotten off the ship, and the rest of us had no problem casually getting there and still having hours upon hours of time in GC.