What To Do??

Karen Lynn

We are 4 women planning on Grand Cayman for a day and no idea what to do?? We have all been there before and toured the island...but now what? Are there any jewelers there worthwhile? Are they willing to barter? Best beach? Good Shopping? Sailing?

This will be December..

Thoughts appreciated! Thanks!

We are 4 women planning on Grand Cayman for a day and no idea what to do??
Do a Discover Scuba trip.

Are there any jewelers there worthwhile?
There might be, but they won't be inexpensive. Prices in general are fairly high on Grand Cayman. Their dollar if worth more than ours, so you are starting out behind.

Are they willing to barter?
I doubt it, but it never hurts to ask.

Best beach?
Depends on what you are looking for. Different beachs offer different amenities.

Sailing?
Now that does sound like fun. Here is one, I'm sure there are more. http://www.redbaroncharters.com/

We are 4 women planning on Grand Cayman for a day and no idea what to do?? We have all been there before and toured the island...but now what? Are there any jewelers there worthwhile? Are they willing to barter? Best beach? Good Shopping? Sailing?

This will be December..

Thoughts appreciated! Thanks!

Karen Lynn ....... We chartered a sailboat...and we are a family of four. It was simply awesome. We got to "steer" (correct term?) the boat and just had a big time. We were fed a great lunch...with amazing fruit and sandwiches.

AND ... :D ...because it is the law, we swam with the stingrays, off of the sailboat!

Our captain was great and he was sooooo good with the stingrays in the water. He held a stingray in his arms and let us get close to it and touch and feed it.

Ooops. No water camera. No pictures. Time to go. No problem. Captain jumps back into the water....grabs a stingray and brings it over to the sailboat so that I can safely photograph the stingray!

We snorkeled, too. My DD's saw an eel. Oh, there goes our Captain again. He swims over to the eel and holds it for us to see better. :eek:

And...all of this occurred while 90% of the passengers on our ship never were allowed to tender onto Grand Cayman! We were able to get off...before the Captain of the Rhapsody of the Seas determined that the tender process was too dangerous in the waters we were experiencing. (We had no clue of any of this until we boarded the ship after our lovely day in Grand Cayman.)

Who did you contact to charter the sailboat? That sounds like something we are looking to do and since you had such a great experience I'd love to get the information from you if you have it. Thanks!!

Who did you contact to charter the sailboat? That sounds like something we are looking to do and since you had such a great experience I'd love to get the information from you if you have it. Thanks!!

river525......

Go to: http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com

Then: Private Charters

The company that we used...(Red Baron) has the 39 ft and the 46 ft boat. We sailed on the 46 ft boat.

I'm not sure about the other two boats that are listed. It looks to be a different company(although not by name)....based on how they are advertising. But, not sure.

Archived