Courtesy hold on a cabin

smtcan

If I put a hold on a cabin, is it held at the price that is in effect at the time? We are waiting for confirmation that friends will be joining us, but I think the Canadian dollar price may go up imminently.

Sheila

I was in this situation a couple of weeks ago. I put a hold on a cabin when there was a really good price drop. I went back on line less than 24 hours later to put down a deposit and the price showing in My Celebrity was back to the original, higher price :( grrrrr....... I phoned Celebrity directly to put down the deposit and they quoted the price-drop price. Phew.....

I was in this situation a couple of weeks ago. I put a hold on a cabin when there was a really good price drop. I went back on line less than 24 hours later to put down a deposit and the price showing in My Celebrity was back to the original, higher price :( grrrrr....... I phoned Celebrity directly to put down the deposit and they quoted the price-drop price. Phew.....

Why didn't you just make a new reservation at the lower price?

Why didn't you just make a new reservation at the lower price?

Because the price had gone back up; the price drop was no more. That is why I called Celebrity to see if the would honour the price of the courtesy hold. And they did.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Because the price had gone back up; the price drop was no more. That is why I called Celebrity to see if the would honour the price of the courtesy hold. And they did.

Sorry, misread your post and thought it had gone down further. Yes, of course they honor the price of the courtesy hold.