Ultimate vs Premium drink package

Tetromibi

I cannot find any reason to pre purchase the drink packages as sailings after Aug 31 have no promotion. Am I wrong in this analysis? I figure I can utilize OBC instead of opening my credit card/wallet again with no incentives.

The only reason I can think of to pre-purchase would be to protect against an increase in package prices. Also, some folks who use currencies other than USD may get better pricing in their own currency pre-cruise.

While it's not really an incentive to pre-purchase the drink package prior to boarding, I pre-purchase so that it is paid for before we leave on our trip. I'd rather pay for everything before the cruise if I can so I don't come home to a huge credit card bill... Like I said, not an incentive, just a preference.

So,is the upper limit on cocktails $12 now? Why on earth wouldn't they update the materials that still say the $10? So frustrating.

Yes, the limit for cocktails and glasses of wine with the Premium or Ultimate packages is $12 now. When sailing out of some European countries, where the drink prices already include gratuity, the limit is $14.

The only reason I can think of to pre-purchase would be to protect against an increase in package prices. Also, some folks who use currencies other than USD may get better pricing in their own currency pre-cruise.

this just happened to us. I was waiting to buy packages until I got a payment that was going to cover it, and when I went to buy the packages, they all had increased over the summer. I am not surprised, as I have read the ultimate package actually used to cost $67 and they had brought it down to entice more people to buy it. I am just bummed!

this just happened to us. I was waiting to buy packages until I got a payment that was going to cover it, and when I went to buy the packages, they all had increased over the summer. I am not surprised, as I have read the ultimate package actually used to cost $67 and they had brought it down to entice more people to buy it. I am just bummed!

Royal confused people by listing the price with gratuity ($65), then changed to listing it without gratuity ($55), and then changed to listing it with gratuity ($67). It's hard to keep track, but it's only gone up $2 per day since late 2013.

I'm curious where you get the bottled water if you buy either the Premium or Ultimate package? It'd be nice to have a fresh bottle of water for excursions but I don't know where to pick one up.

Thanks!

You can get them at the Promenade cafe and - I think - any of the bars.

On our recent Indy cruise I purchased the premium package on the first day for 399$ after I ordered a patron margarita and was charged almost 15$ after gratuity. All I drank were patron margaritas and maybe a hand full of beers and a few Manhattan's along with probably 30 bottles of water. I would not hesitate to purchase again as it only took around 5 drinks a day to break even.

Edited by CaribSailor

There is an after dinner shooter every night, most contain Baileys. You may have to ask for them. They used to come around with a tray of them, but I have not seen this in a while.

Are the after dinner drinks listed on any of the menus or drink lists that are left on your table in the MDR?

Are the after dinner drinks listed on any of the menus or drink lists that are left on your table in the MDR?

From what I've read on here, the after dinner "shots" (if that's what you're talking about) are included, but not in the souvenir shot glasses.

So how do you order one....is the same one available each night? Or do you need to know what you want?

Talk to the roving bar server. You can ask what is available and the price.

Edited by clarea

What is the difference with sailing out of Galveston? We are sailing from there in January. Also, last January RCCL offered a special holiday package that included Moet Chandon as part of the package. Hopefully this will be repeated this coming holiday season.

• 1 month later...

Update...

On the 10/11/15 cruise I was not given the "extra" mug for soda as promised upon arrival, but I went to the customer service desk and was quickly given one after explaining the promotion that was on during my booking. No hassle.

I found the premium coffee to be bad, and wasn't even that impressed with the fresh OJ, so I seldom used these perks of the Ultimate Package. Water was an issue as when I tried to get a larger water for shore excursions, I was denied and only given a small bottle. The large was to be in the Ultimate package...but...

We had several cruisers we met who were doing the Premium rather than my Ultimate, and they had the same perks as I did for boozy drinks. Without the "extra" soda mug, the Ultimate would have been a waste for me. With the DW using the soda mug she was given frequently, and without having to pay extra, it was worth it. (Side note...I never even used my soda mug once. Brought it home tightly wrapped in plastic as given to me)

Our 4 mugs are still wrapped up in plastic from September lol....

I would not get the ultimate package again. Hardly had speciality coffee and fresh OJ was a pain to get to be honest.. All the alcohol beverages are exactly the same.... I basically lived on water and cocktails :)

Update...

On the 10/11/15 cruise I was not given the "extra" mug for soda as promised upon arrival, but I went to the customer service desk and was quickly given one after explaining the promotion that was on during my booking. No hassle.

I found the premium coffee to be bad, and wasn't even that impressed with the fresh OJ, so I seldom used these perks of the Ultimate Package. Water was an issue as when I tried to get a larger water for shore excursions, I was denied and only given a small bottle. The large was to be in the Ultimate package...but...

We had several cruisers we met who were doing the Premium rather than my Ultimate, and they had the same perks as I did for boozy drinks. Without the "extra" soda mug, the Ultimate would have been a waste for me. With the DW using the soda mug she was given frequently, and without having to pay extra, it was worth it. (Side note...I never even used my soda mug once. Brought it home tightly wrapped in plastic as given to me)

Just an fyi: The only bottled water included in the Ultimate Package is Sparkling (375ml) or Still (500ml). The larger, 1L bottles (Evian) are not included in any combination drinks packages, but are available for purchase either individually or as a water package.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

We only have one Sea day on our cruise and trying to see if the Premium package is worth it. Do the bars on the boat stay open while the ship is docked? I love Baileys in my coffee. Would I be able to find some place on the ship that had Baileys in the morning?