Ultimate vs Premium drink package

Tetromibi

We only have one Sea day on our cruise and trying to see if the Premium package is worth it. Do the bars on the boat stay open while the ship is docked? I love Baileys in my coffee. Would I be able to find some place on the ship that had Baileys in the morning?
The only time that the bars stay open while the ship is in port is if the ship is doing a European itinerary. :rolleyes: By looking at your cruise history, all of your previous cruises have been to Alaska or the Caribbean, so you have not had the opportunity to spend some of your hard earned cash and contribute to the number one money maker on board the ship, which is bar sales.

I hope you realize that I am being tongue in cheek with my response. Yes, there are bars that are open first thing in the morning so that you can enjoy your favorite libation in your coffee. And there are bars that stay open while the ship is in port so you can enjoy your drink package then as well. Also, remember that even on a port day, you have a good 7+ hour window to enjoy your beverages of choice, from 500 PM to midnight, so don't let the fact that you only have one sea day not let you purchase the drink package because you don't think you'll get your monies worth.

Enjoy your cruise.

We only have one Sea day on our cruise and trying to see if the Premium package is worth it. Do the bars on the boat stay open while the ship is docked? I love Baileys in my coffee. Would I be able to find some place on the ship that had Baileys in the morning?

Cafe Promenade has a bar w/ Baileys and coffee as well. Once the WJ opens, you can get a coffee & Baileys as well.

I'm not sure that we would get the ultimate package again either. I thought it was incredibly lame that I couldn't get a larger Evian with the ultimate package. The premium package offers almost exactly the same drinks for $140 cheaper per cruise for a couple.

I'm not sure that we would get the ultimate package again either. I thought it was incredibly lame that I couldn't get a larger Evian with the ultimate package. The premium package offers almost exactly the same drinks for $140 cheaper per cruise for a couple.

The ultimate has many things that premium doesn't, but none of them are alcohol. For people who want the coffee and juice it's a good addition. Perhaps you didn't understand the packages before you booked as Evian is not available with any of them. I think it's kind of lame to expect things which are not included!

The ultimate has many things that premium doesn't, but none of them are alcohol. For people who want the coffee and juice it's a good addition. Perhaps you didn't understand the packages before you booked as Evian is not available with any of them. I think it's kind of lame to expect things which are not included!

Bekkaw

Can you give me an idea of the cost of drinks onboard RC We are travelling on Voyager of the Seas in Feb & trying to decide on drinks packages or not. Looking at costs of Beer Wine Cocktails & spirits mainly.

Bekkaw

Can you give me an idea of the cost of drinks onboard RC We are travelling on Voyager of the Seas in Feb & trying to decide on drinks packages or not. Looking at costs of Beer Wine Cocktails & spirits mainly.

Most cocktails around $14 with gratuity included. Msst beer $6-$8. Wine $8 and up.

Edited by clarea

My husband will drink a cocktail or spirit occasionally, but mainly he is a beer during the day, bourbon during the evening kind of a guy.

Tell me about bourbon. Is that up to $12 as well? Do they have many below $12? If it's above, do they charge the difference? I'm thinking no on the "ultimate" for him- he doesn't need fancy coffee. Would purchasing the next package down be appropriate?

My husband will drink a cocktail or spirit occasionally, but mainly he is a beer during the day, bourbon during the evening kind of a guy.

Tell me about bourbon. Is that up to $12 as well? Do they have many below $12? If it's above, do they charge the difference? I'm thinking no on the "ultimate" for him- he doesn't need fancy coffee. Would purchasing the next package down be appropriate?

Any drink that is more expensive than the package limit will be charged the difference.

Bekkaw

What Bob said :) when sailing from Australia the menu prices and package limits change to reflect inclusion of the 18% gratuity, so cocktails like a piña colada or Frozen mojito will be around $14. Basic mixer like vodka and soda about $9 from memory. If you drink more than 4 alcoholic drinks a day the premium package is worth it. All the packages include soft drink from the fountain gun. If you also want coffee (latte, cappuccino etc - basic coffee is free) and fresh squeezed juice then get the ultimate package.

Also you are allowed to carry on 2 bottles of wine per cabin. Last family cruise I did this and purchased a royal replenish package ($20 a day) which gave me soft drinks, coffee, juice, virgin cocktails and both still/sparkling water. It was a really great option and I was able to enjoy the wine at any time I wanted also. You can take a bottle to the dining room or just pour yourself a glass and take it wherever you are going.

We had a really lovely time on a voyager, she is a great ship :) enjoy your cruise.

Edited by BekkaW

We have sailed on several RCI cruises but it's been awhile. I want to confirm something:

You don't have to use your plastic Coca Cola tumbler to get soda with any of the packages. Is that right? You show that you have a package and will be given a fountain soda in a glass.

And just confirm what I think already know--no package includes canned soda of any kind. Right?

Thanks!!

We have sailed on several RCI cruises but it's been awhile. I want to confirm something:

You don't have to use your plastic Coca Cola tumbler to get soda with any of the packages. Is that right? You show that you have a package and will be given a fountain soda in a glass.

And just confirm what I think already know--no package includes canned soda of any kind. Right?

Thanks!!

Correct on both counts :) the plastic tumbler is only needed to use a freestyle machine, otherwise you can get a glass of soda at any bar or restaurant. Only fountain soda, no cans. Some venues which don't have a fountain I have seen them pour it out of the big 2L soda bottles into a glass for me.

Correct on both counts :) the plastic tumbler is only needed to use a freestyle machine, otherwise you can get a glass of soda at any bar or restaurant. Only fountain soda, no cans. Some venues which don't have a fountain I have seen them pour it out of the big 2L soda bottles into a glass for me.

Thanks BW!

Quick question- if we are on a 12 night cruise can we purchase the package on day 4 or 5 and would it be prorated?

Yes. You can purchase any time, so long as there are 4 days remaining in the cruise. People have also reported purchasing the package and, when finding that they do not drink enough to justify it, canceling the package, receiving a credit, and having all drinks they purchased simply charged at the regular price.

• 6 months later...

I am trying to decide between the premium and the ultimate package , can you tell me where you can get the freshly squeezed ? and where are the speciality coffees available ?

I quite like the idea of not having extra charges but wonder is it worth the extra layout

thanks

I am trying to decide between the premium and the ultimate package , can you tell me where you can get the freshly squeezed ? and where are the speciality coffees available ?

I quite like the idea of not having extra charges but wonder is it worth the extra layout

thanks

Assuming you are asking about Allure, fresh squeezed OJ is offered in WJ and the MDR at breakfast. Fresh squeezed juices are also offered in the Vitality Cafe.

thanks bob I am trying to justify the cost difference , we may never again cruise at that side of the world so I want everything to be perfect

I forget to mention that specialty coffees are available at restaurants, Cafe Promenade, and Park Cafe.

• 3 months later...

can anyone tell me what beers are included in packages. My husband will mainly be drinking beer, but prefers different craft type beers. In the fine print it says beers on bar menu not included..so does this mean only the five or six they show as examples of beers for the packages are what you can get with package? If thats so Im not understanding because prices arent too much different on beers..

can anyone tell me what beers are included in packages. My husband will mainly be drinking beer, but prefers different craft type beers. In the fine print it says beers on bar menu not included..so does this mean only the five or six they show as examples of beers for the packages are what you can get with package? If thats so Im not understanding because prices arent too much different on beers..

Our experience has been that all beers except Chimay Blue 750ml are included.

Yeah, never had a problem with getting ANY type beer with the package. I would think as long as it is under the maximum $$ listed in your package you should me fine. As far as the specific beer you are looking for, don't know that.

There is a list of beer if you Google it but don't know how current that list is.

Edited by mickeychicky
add

Yeah, never had a problem with getting ANY type beer with the package. I would think as long as it is under the maximum $$ listed in your package you should me fine. As far as the specific beer toy ate looking for, don't know that.

There is a list of beer if you Google it but don't know how current that list is.

Unfortunately, the beers included in the various packages have no value limit associated with them. The value limits only apply to glasses of wine and cocktails, but not beer.