Is anyone familiar with the Amsterdam cruise port?

Iamthesea

I am not seeing much information from doing a search on this board. :o

A group of us have booked a taxi service to get from the Amsterdam cruise port (Celebrity) to the Schiphol Airport. I have just received my confirmation from this transport service. We are instructed to meet the driver (at 7:00am) in front of the Subway restaurant, located outside the main exit.

Not knowing what the port looks like, I have no idea where this Subway is and how long a walk the main exit at the port is. I have experience with other European ports, and the main exits are usually far away from the ship. :eek:

Could someone enlighten me? The transportation service is through City Airport Taxis, which was recommended by someone on CC. Now I am second guessing.

The terminal is a not large compact building. I donot remember seeing a subway (probably got there recently), but I am sure it will be impossible to miss.

Parking/stopping in front or next to the terminal is almost impossible, since cars will be blocking the entrance to the parking garage. Most likely that is why the driver asked you to meet at a specific place.

http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/index_en.php?site=cruises&hc=passenger-information&sc=facilities

Edited by Ine

When you come out of the terminal turn left there is a Subway sandwich shop on the corner of the building

It is less than 2 min walk from the PTA building

If you see the Movenpick hotel you have gone the wrong way

You cannot miss it, it was there in 2010 so nothing new ;)

Edited by LHT28

Having a photo is better than words, but is there someplace that I can see a map of the port?

Funny thing about the location of the Subway store is that it is next to IJToren. Not sure what that place is, but the hotel we are staying in, in Amsterdam, is called The Toren. :D

MADflyer - The first link is exactly what I needed. I could not find anything like it on the PTA website. Thank you!

Toren means Tower. So IJtoren is just the name of the building.

Toren/Tower makes sense. I guess the Boutique Hotel is named Toren because it is tall and narrow.:D

We are ending a cruise on the Prinsendam on. may 24. Is Ijmuiden the same port you are talking about?

No it is further out from the port in the centre of Amsterdam

If you do a search for Ijmuiden there is some info that INE has posted before

We are ending a cruise on the Prinsendam on. may 24. Is Ijmuiden the same port you are talking about?

No unfortunately not. IJmuiden is about 20 miles or more outside/west of Amsterdam. IJmuiden has a new terminal, but that is about it. Your best option might be a possible shuttle by the cruiseline.

I am sure cabs will be there but will be expensive, either to get to Amsterdam or the airport.

• 2 months later...
MADflyer - The first link is exactly what I needed. I could not find anything like it on the PTA website. Thank you!

Toren/Tower makes sense. I guess the Boutique Hotel is named Toren because it is tall and narrow.:D

Funny- I came across this by doing a google search for the same info. Here you guys have done on the work for me :D

Sallie, see you onboard.