Pearl Restaurants

sunflowr04

It is served the first night in the main dining rooms (free). The lobsters are fairly small, but you can ask for more. It is a surf and turf meal. My wife doesn't like steak and asks the server to leave that off but add another lobster.

Edited by roger001

It is served the first night in the main dining rooms (free). The lobsters are fairly small, but you can ask for more. It is a surf and turf meal. My wife doesn't like steak and asks the server to leave that off but add another lobster.

If you're in a Haven suite, can you get the lobster dinner as a part of room service that night? Or is it only available in the main dining room...?

If you're in a Haven suite, can you get the lobster dinner as a part of room service that night? Or is it only available in the main dining room...?

If you are in any full suite with a butler you can get any meal on the ship served in-suite. If that meal comes from a specialty restaurant you have to pay the surcharge. If the meal comes from a complimentary restaurant, there is no charge.

If you are in any full suite with a butler you can get any meal on the ship served in-suite. If that meal comes from a specialty restaurant you have to pay the surcharge. If the meal comes from a complimentary restaurant, there is no charge.

Remember you can adjust the Discretionary Service Charge (DSC), up or down, by simply visiting the customer service desk. You do not need to provide a reason for your adjustment.

Why would you? Doesn't all the crew contribute to your great time on the cruise?

People keep talking about lobster night being the first night...is that in the main dining room or a specialty restaurant? We are trying to avoid spending a lot in extras in restaurants, so is there one that is the best?

We have started doing the Lobster night in the MDR on the first night, ask for 2 Lobster tails. We reserve out specialty dining rooms for other nights. Our fav restaurant on the Pearl is the Asian restaurant followed by le Bistro and Modernos.

Why would you? Doesn't all the crew contribute to your great time on the cruise?

Why would I? Dozens of reasons. Does all the crew contribute? I have no idea, but my impression would be that ALL the crew does not.

If you are too cheap to adjust the Discretionary Service Charge up, that is your business, not mine.

Edited by Love my butler

Why would I? Dozens of reasons. Does all the crew contribute? I have no idea, but my impression would be that ALL the crew does not.

If you are too cheap to adjust the Discretionary Service Charge up, that is your business, not mine.

Yes, all the crew contributes to the enjoyment of a cruise. There are so many crew members we don't see who add to our enjoyment (Those that do the laundry, so we have clean linens. The cooks, so we enjoy our meal. Those that keep the ship clean in public places. Just to name a few). I'm not the cheap one, the cheap one is the person who reduces the DSC because they don't think ALL the crew adds something to their cruising experience. I would never think of reducing the DSC and I've never had a problem increasing it, as well as giving extra tips to those that perform outstanding service.

Yes, all the crew contributes to the enjoyment of a cruise. There are so many crew members we don't see who add to our enjoyment (Those that do the laundry, so we have clean linens. The cooks, so we enjoy our meal. Those that keep the ship clean in public places. Just to name a few). I'm not the cheap one, the cheap one is the person who reduces the DSC because they don't think ALL the crew adds something to their cruising experience. I would never think of reducing the DSC and I've never had a problem increasing it, as well as giving extra tips to those that perform outstanding service.

Haha, thanks for the lecture on how a ship works. When you have as many NCL cruises as I do, give me a call. You asked if all the crew contributed to MY enjoyment. I said I don't think they all do. Not sure how you could possibly think they would.

P.S. I usually do the platinum behind the scenes tour on my sailings so I do see all those crewmembers you claim I don't.

Haha, thanks for the lecture on how a ship works. When you have as many NCL cruises as I do, give me a call. You asked if all the crew contributed to MY enjoyment. I said I don't think they all do. Not sure how you could possibly think they would.

P.S. I usually do the platinum behind the scenes tour on my sailings so I do see all those crewmembers you claim I don't.

No lecture, just my opinion, just as it was your's to infer that I was cheap.

BTW, I've done the behind the scenes tour (on NCL and many other cruise lines as well) and see all the hardworking crew members that you don't see out and about who make sure, by their efforts, that we all have a great time. Sorry you don't see that EVERY CREW MEMBER'S JOB is valuable to make sure that the ship runs so that every passengers has a fantastic cruise and I'm sure the majority on here would agree with me.

And I think it is safe to say that not all passengers make the ship a nice place to work for the crew!