Safe, clean Miami hotel for night before cruise?

sweetp09

We would like something that offers a shuttle to the port and also even offers a shuttle from the airport. I am not sure the price for a hotel in Miami as I have never been there before, but could I find what I am looking for in a safe part of Miami for $100-200 a night? Any specific recommendations? Also, how much is a taxi from the port to the airport or is there a better option for those of us not renting a car?

Check out stay123.com. We got a Miami hotel (Quality Inn) through them for $99. It includes 30 days parking (we're doing a B2B2b repo and needed 26 days). They do have an airport shuttle and shuttle to the pier. We stayed there last year and it was fine.

We would like something that offers a shuttle to the port and also even offers a shuttle from the airport. I am not sure the price for a hotel in Miami as I have never been there before, but could I find what I am looking for in a safe part of Miami for $100-200 a night? Any specific recommendations? Also, how much is a taxi from the port to the airport or is there a better option for those of us not renting a car?

Firstly, price really depends upon the time of year. The same hotel room in August that you can get on sale for $129 can be $400 Easter Week.

Secondly, don't focus on shuttle. A lot of people find that the port shuttle isn't worth the bad schedules and end up taking a cab anyway.

A hotel that offers an airport shuttle will be a hotel near the airport and that isn't the greatest place to be if you are going to be in Miami for more than 24 hours.

If you are coming in the afternoon to early evening before, want a nice bite to eat I would recommend a downtown hotel(cab downtown, cab to port).

If you are coming in the morning before, I recommend a South Beach hotel (Airport Flyer Bus to South Beach, cab to port).

If you are coming in the night before, I recommend an airport hotel (shuttle to hotel, cab or shuttle to port).

Me and my DH are booked at the Comfort Suites Airport North Miami. They offer free airport shuttle and free shuttle to cruise port. The hotel is fairly new and has great reviews. We are renting a car to go to southbeach. We are vacationing this month and south beach hotels were ridiculously priced for our dates. Good luck

I have had 2 cruise friends that have been very happy with their stay at the Miami Airport LaQuinta East. The hotel offers a shuttle to the port that is incl in the room pkg.

I'm not positive if there is a shuttle back or you need to take a taxi. The link is below, so perhaps you could call and check. The rates do change depending on what time of

year that you book, so if it is a prime month, I wouldn't wait too long to book.

Here is a link to the LaQuinta East for more details: http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?propId=4040

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr