Horseback riding on St Kitts

ATC cruiser

Has anyone ever done the horseback riding excursion on St Kitts through shoretrips.com ? We would do it thru the cruise line but the minimum age is 12. My daughter is 11, but is an experienced rider.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, that's a really high minimum age, that's too bad. We rode in St Kitts on Cockelshell beach. It was a great experience, but more of a 'less formal' place. Yeah, that's a good way to say it. They have three horses on the beach and the guide rode a donkey. Safety was not an issue, in fact they didn't think about it too much, we rode barefooted no helmets and old English saddles with broken stirrups. It was fun and you could tell the guys love their horses for more than just an income. They were well cared for and are happy horses. I don't believe they would have a minimum age. It was 25 $ and we rode for about an hour. My daughter is a very experienced rider, she now trains horses. Part of me still can't believe I let her ride like that. Boots and helmets are always our rule!! :) The guide let my daughter ride his donkey for a bit, she has ridden mules but the donkey ride was new for her. They also let her ride in the water. Here's a youtube link to her ride in the ocean. That was a dream come true for her.

Wow, that's a really high minimum age, that's too bad. We rode in St Kitts on Cockelshell beach. It was a great experience, but more of a 'less formal' place. Yeah, that's a good way to say it. They have three horses on the beach and the guide rode a donkey. Safety was not an issue, in fact they didn't think about it too much, we rode barefooted no helmets and old English saddles with broken stirrups. It was fun and you could tell the guys love their horses for more than just an income. They were well cared for and are happy horses. I don't believe they would have a minimum age. It was 25 $ and we rode for about an hour. My daughter is a very experienced rider, she now trains horses. Part of me still can't believe I let her ride like that. Boots and helmets are always our rule!! :) The guide let my daughter ride his donkey for a bit, she has ridden mules but the donkey ride was new for her. They also let her ride in the water. Here's a youtube link to her ride in the ocean. That was a dream come true for her.

Would you have any contact information for this? My daughter is 18 and has been riding since she was about 8, she would love a ride on the beach. Thanks!

Would you have any contact information for this? My daughter is 18 and has been riding since she was about 8, she would love a ride on the beach. Thanks!

I don't have any contact info. It was just there on the beach, really informal, but I have heard that they are still there. Their area was near the bars on the left end of the beach (facing the ocean) It was fun!

If you would be interested in taking the ferry to Nevis, there is a great guy there that owns a stable and does trail rides. We did this on our stop there and it was great. If you read the "Romance in St. Kitts" thread you can see all the pics I posted. His contact info should be there too, but I can give you that if it's not. I think the thread is on the 2nd page.

If you would be interested in taking the ferry to Nevis, there is a great guy there that owns a stable and does trail rides. We did this on our stop there and it was great. If you read the "Romance in St. Kitts" thread you can see all the pics I posted. His contact info should be there too, but I can give you that if it's not. I think the thread is on the 2nd page.

I appreciate the info!