FIRST CRIUSE REVIEW! Thought we would hate it!

just4steven

That was pretty awesome! It makes me want to do something similar for our next trip instead of a photo album ( or any of the last 3 trips we haven't done an album for). I'm glad to see you had a good time.

Question: Did your camera setting produce the "fish eye" effect?

Hi Jim, yes, the GoPro does that. I know you can change the field of view a little bit but I never really played around with that yet.

And thanks everyone, I have a ton more video of the ports of call so when I get around to it I will post in the ports of call forums. I am just so glad cruising turned out to be an awesome experience for us! :)

Fun video. So cute.

What did you use to video? Your phone or a camera? I am interested in doing this, but do you have to edit the video and put it together or do you just keep videotaping and when you are done with one section and start a new section the next day, does it stay in that order?

Fun video. So cute.

What did you use to video? Your phone or a camera? I am interested in doing this, but do you have to edit the video and put it together or do you just keep videotaping and when you are done with one section and start a new section the next day, does it stay in that order?

Hi Roadtripster!

I used a GoPro to film it all. I am pretty up to date with video stuff, so others might know an easier way, but I did have to upload to my laptop every night on the ship, then after we got home sort through a few thousand videos and then edit the entire thing.

I know, it sounds rough, and the first time I tried it I just about ruined an entire weeks getaway, so if you go for it I suggest just trying out silly things around the house, like pets or kids or whatever. As soon as you get the hang of it though it won't be that bad :)

The good news with doing this is as soon as I get time I have thousands of other videos from this trip to sort through and will try to make something a little slower for all the ports we went to!

But yes, it definitely takes more time than just taking photos........ another good note though, the raw video files I have, WOW! If I burn them to a DVD they will play unreal on anyone's hi def t.v. and look even better than the Internet! :D