Radiance-Cabin 1060 or hump 1556?

simmo67

My husband, daughter and I were in 1556 July 2013 and it was the perfect grand suite location. The balcony offers privacy, could not see our neighbors or they see us, and the balcony had shade; the only time we heard noise from centrum was during the 70's show but it did not last past 11:00. Across the hall at edge of centrum is the card/game room. It was very quiet. My vote is for 1556.

If it was me, I would pick 1060 because of the larger balcony. But either way, you will enjoy being in a GS.

We were in a GS on the Radiance for our Alaska cruise in 2012 and loved every moment.

Happy Sailing!

Edited by JimAOk1945

If it was me, I would pick 1060 because of the larger balcony. But either way, you will enjoy being in a GS.

We were in a GS on the Radiance for our Alaska cruise in 2012 and loved every moment.

Happy Sailing!

Thank you for all your replies...would anyone have photos of 1556 and 1060 Radiance? I like the thought of a bigger balcony but not sure about being to the left of the hump....1556 looks like a great location with a longer balcony. Both are available for the sailing I'm looking at booking. Would be great if anyone can post a picture of either cabin to help me decide. Thanks again. Donna

Hi,

We just returned from sailing the South Pacific in 1060 on Radiance. We absolutely loved the location and the huge balcony. The balcony is private unless you go out to the end, gut that gives you a fantastic view aft.

It is right off the centrum, but never heard noise from there. The only noise we heard was napping in the middle of the day and could hear kids running around by The Dog House right above.

Here are some pics of 1060:

ImageUploadedByForums1391319054.669345.jpg.41511c8a0c313b0f2aa1576201333dbb.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1391319095.525233.jpg.61ce3c2993766602bd8443252c268e01.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1391319117.312466.jpg.255f5f6215314dec14bc6aa54633bb77.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1391319140.034988.jpg.069568786dedd1b2c9096bae3232e123.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1391319172.024476.jpg.c08915e47c872986d41f75a16c588b88.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1391319227.587215.jpg.172016fc0cf7f92173995c5cc78e2c6b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1391319286.368151.jpg.13f6f9f3bdaf965d49097be0a4955bb2.jpg

I may have some better balcony shots, I will need to look.

You will also love the CL with either. JD is a wonderful concierge, hopefully he will be there when you sail.

Only issues were with the steward, but not sure he would be there when you sail.

Good luck with the decision, it is a wonderful choice to have to make.

Cheers,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have had both cabins and while darn it, no pictures on my IPad, 1060 has the greatest balcony on the ship - just my opinion! Just had it last summer on Brilliance in the Baltic and wish we had more time to enjoy it. The trip was awesome and very port intensive. Had sailaway parties with family and friends - 14 of us were out on the balcony and we could have fit at least 14 more.

Minimal noise from the centrum with the exception maybe of 70's night. DH ran to grab the camera out of the cabin and he said he could hear a little in the cabin. We didn't care as we were part of the party:D

While we really did like 1554 we loved 1060. Just Google 'Radiance of the Seas cabin 1060 and you will find some pictures. Have fun!!

Just saw ssuccow posted some excellent pics -great cabin and balcony!

Edited by kneadsdough2cruise
Pics in post above

Hi,

We just returned from sailing the South Pacific in 1060 on Radiance. We absolutely loved the location and the huge balcony. The balcony is private unless you go out to the end, gut that gives you a fantastic view aft.

It is right off the centrum, but never heard noise from there. The only noise we heard was napping in the middle of the day and could hear kids running around by The Dog House right above.

Here are some pics of 1060:

[ATTACH]300704[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]300705[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]300706[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]300707[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]300708[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]300709[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]300710[/ATTACH]

I may have some better balcony shots, I will need to look.

You will also love the CL with either. JD is a wonderful concierge, hopefully he will be there when you sail.

Only issues were with the steward, but not sure he would be there when you sail.

Good luck with the decision, it is a wonderful choice to have to make.

Cheers,

Scott

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these photos...that is a great balcony! Just one question, do all the cabins on deck 10 have that overhang I can see in your photo.....did you get much sun?

kneadsdough2cruise....thank you for your feedback too.

Now if someone has a photo of 1556 you will make my day :D

Deck 10 has that overhang all around. An advantage to 1060 was you can look straight down to the ocean as it juts out more than the deck below. It never felt dark, but being in the South Pacific the shading was very welcome. It is a great cabin to entertain the new friends you make on board.

Every balcony is shaded by the deck above....but it's hardly dark! The ambiant light keeps everything bright! You may not be able to sun on your balcony most of the day, but that's what the pool deck is for! You will find the shade to be most welcome...the sun gets mighty hot!!

Every balcony is shaded by the deck above....but it's hardly dark! The ambiant light keeps everything bright! You may not be able to sun on your balcony most of the day, but that's what the pool deck is for! You will find the shade to be most welcome...the sun gets mighty hot!!

False. We have stayed in both cabins and found 1060 to be quite a bit darker because of the greater overhang. I preferred 1556 because I could see more of the sky. 1060 has a giant balcony, but I didn't like the elevator wall one one side of it - I found it oppressive. But if you want to guarantee that you'll stay dry on a rainy day, your odds are better with 1060. So it kind of depends o. What you're after.

Oh darn I hate that they aren't showing, I copied and pasted them from photobucket. Looking at pics of 1066 looks like both have nice balconies. I think I will have to try 1066 if available on a future Radiance class ship.

I can see them now on my home computer work must have some sort of block.

The photos are great...thanks so much for posting them.

You have convinced me to book 1556...such a nice view looking out!!!

Donna