Passport Question for RCI tours

Hi everyone...

We were having a similar question on the RCI general board, but no one has answered my question in regard to the Baltic cruise, so I'll post here...

Does RCI take your passport upon boarding?? Since we have booked our Russia excursion through RO, we're going to need our passports upon disembarking into St. Petersburg, but how are we to do this if RCI has taken them from us???

I also read that all passengers regardless of independent VISA, RO, Denrus or RCI excursions have to present their passports to Russian immigration, so does that mean RCI doesn't take our passports from us? Can anyone shed some light here for us???

TIA!!!

I just got back from the Baltics on the Jewel. RCI does NOT take your passport at any time during the cruise. They look at it upon embarkation and give it back to you. The only time you need to take it ashore in any port is in St. Petersburg. You'll show it to Russian immigration, they'll stamp it and give you a red immigration card which you return to them at the end of each day. You'll need to show them your passport again when you get off the ship on day 2 in St. Petersburg.

This is a fabulous trip....enjoy!

Archived