Shutle from Ft Lauderdale to Miami?

cruisergrandma

We are flying in a day early for our April cruise onboard the Carnival Breeze. We prefer flying into FLL and staying in Ft. Lauderdale. Are there any hotels that offer shuttle service from Ft. Lauderdale to the port of Miami? Any idea what a shuttle or taxi would cost? I appreciate your help!

It is a 40-45+minute drive from FLL to POM; any hotel offering "free transportation is just building the cost into the room package. You are better off finding a hotel that meets your needs/budget and arranging your own transportation. www.sunny.org has a wealth of tourist information and hotel info. ;)

SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport and many others will shuttle you from the FLL area to POM (and back to FLL after your cruise) with prices starting at about $15 per person each way. A taxi between FLL/POM will run about $80-85+tip which is not bad if you are a family/group of 4 or so travelling together.

Good luck! :)

WE are doing the same type of trip in March. The Quality inn airport south (used to be comfort) and the Rodeway offer a shuttle package (around $280) (neither one has great ratings on trip advisor. The Hilton Garden ($467 for 4 people). NO one that I found offered it for free.:mad:.

We ended up going on Priceline and doing the guaranteed rate for a 3 1/2 star hotel (165 plus tax) in Miami. We "won" the B2 for this price.

We are planning on using SAS shuttle from FLL to the hotel.$15pp. ANd probably using them for the return.

If anyone has any other opinions I would LOVE to hear them :D

We used QLS shuttle from our FLL hotel to the Port of Miami and then a pick up after the cruise back to FLL airport. They were great and kept in constant contact all steps of the way. Great, friendly driver who even offered to stop at a store enroute for anyone that needed to pick-up any last minute items. He was on time and we received a phone call 15 min prior to arrival time plus great customer service upon making reservations. Plus, they have a 9am pick up time where some of the other shuttle companies do not start their hotel pick-ups until 10am.

I would use them again in a heart-beat. We had 5 in our group and I think it was around $13.50 pp.

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

As far as hotels that offer a pkg with Miami port shuttle, I have heard that the Hilton Garden Inn FLL does http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/hilton-garden-inn-ft-lauderdale-airport-cruise-port-FLLFHGI/offers/100029074.htm

As well as the Ramada FLL airport http://www.ramadainnairport.com/

Good luck to you.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr