Aft Extended or "Bowling Alley" Extended on Spirit Class

azjim66

Hi All, My wife and I are going to be on the Miracle in a few weeks and currently have a "bowling alley" balcony on Verandah deck and I noticed that there is also an aft extended balcony on the Upper Deck that has become available. I have never had either cabins before only a regular balcony. I understand that my current cabin has the huge balcony but also have read great reviews about the aft balcony's also. I appreciate your thoughts!

Did you go to: cruise line rooms dot com?

You will see GREAT actual pictures to help you decide. We love the bowling alley cabins.

Thanks for the link!! I appreciate it. I am 99% sure we will stick with the bowling alley, but was curious if anyone has stayed in both.

i have had that bowling alley room on the Miracle:), it rocks i had 20 people on that balcony when cruising Alaska. I book early so i can get one those rooms.. That balcony comes with a lounger and two chairs would not trade it in.

I traded in an aft extended on the conquest to get one of the bowling alley rooms on the Conquest 8A room. We have two of them side by side and the room beside it . :D

We have the same decision.....the price is not significantly different (a little bit higher for an aft cabin).

I really appreciate the feedback here because we have never had either room (always had a regular side balcony) - the price for a corner aft is significantly higher and not a consideration at this point.

We currently have the bowling alley and I actually like the shape of the room as well (we are on the 8th deck and it appears to have a little "pocket area, with a table and chair) - although our baby is officially in the room across the hall with older siblings we are hoping that this corner would be perfect for a portacrib! (any opinions from those who have had these rooms?)

We have the same decision.....the price is not significantly different (a little bit higher for an aft cabin).

I really appreciate the feedback here because we have never had either room (always had a regular side balcony) - the price for a corner aft is significantly higher and not a consideration at this point.

We currently have the bowling alley and I actually like the shape of the room as well (we are on the 8th deck and it appears to have a little "pocket area, with a table and chair) - although our baby is officially in the room across the hall with older siblings we are hoping that this corner would be perfect for a portacrib! (any opinions from those who have had these rooms?)

Which rooms are the bowling alley balconies? We have 5236 on Miracle. You tube shows that cabin having a lounge chair.

On some of the ships (not sure how many of them) there are some rooms that have a balcony that runs behind the elevators. If you look at the deck plans on the Legend room 6232 & 6234 plus the equivalent rooms on the other decks are "bowling alley balconies". Looking at the deck plans on the Miracle, that's what kind of room you have.

If you check out the cruise line rooms . com you can see pictures of these. I know there is pictures of the Legend room 6232 on there.

We had 8232 on the Legend:

10656252026_7b4d91fdb4_z.jpg

Here you can see all the bowling alley balconies, the ones on the left side are the non handicap, the ones on the right are handicap rooms.

10659507236_098b86d501_z.jpg

10681538765_f2efb7011f_z.jpg

My Mom (don't tell her I posted this here...)

I would book this cabin again in a heart beat. The balcony was worth it. We got lucky one opened up like 2 months before we sailed and I upgraded for $20 (we were in an extended already and I already had like $300 in obc), my PVP couldn't believe it when I told her the balcony is 180 sq ft.... She looked up the room description and was like, it is.

I read reviews this cabin is below the lido. We heard noise the first night and that was it (I am a sound sleeper though).

Great feedback!!! We are in 7258 and gonna stay put! We were pretty lucky to snag it and that is only because of information I read here on CC. Thanks for all the responses!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

We splurged on a premium corner balcony (BEST cabin/balcony EVER!) so our neighbors were the aft balconies. The disadvantage to those balconies is that the dividers are only partial - you can easily see into your neighbors' balconies. We prefer the privacy the full dividers provide. We have done the bowling alley cabins and loved them

Enjoy your cruise, whichever you choose! You can't make a wrong choice! :p

Our cabin 5236 looks like that in the pictures on the deck plans with the exception of the lifeboat under it. Hope that is what we got.

5236 is 3 regular balconies long. It is narrow because of the lifeboats.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=379704382049374&set=a.379571298729349.94140.100000294462767&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=379703438716135&set=a.379571298729349.94140.100000294462767&type=3&theater

Hi All, My wife and I are going to be on the Miracle in a few weeks and currently have a "bowling alley" balcony on Verandah deck and I noticed that there is also an aft extended balcony on the Upper Deck that has become available. I have never had either cabins before only a regular balcony. I understand that my current cabin has the huge balcony but also have read great reviews about the aft balcony's also. I appreciate your thoughts!

We had 8232 on the Legend:

10656252026_7b4d91fdb4_z.jpg

One thought on cabin selection, the bowling alley cabins (and their neighbors) on deck 8 have an extensive roof overhang that makes for little or no sun. If getting some sun on you balcony is important, deck 8 may not be for you.

We had 7258 a bowling alley on the Miracle, it had 2 lounge chairs, 2 tables, 2 straight back chairs and 2 chairs that would recline a little. LOVED that balcony and ALASKA...

Edited by flounder315

One thought on cabin selection, the bowling alley cabins (and their neighbors) on deck 8 have an extensive roof overhang that makes for little or no sun. If getting some sun on you balcony is important, deck 8 may not be for you.

If I wanted sun I just went up a deck. :D The serenity is only steps away.

Conversely when it rains you can stay on the balcony in 8232 because of the overhang. We experienced that in Roatan, our neighbors below balconies were wet ours was dry.

Edited by debee1015

We had 7258 a bowling alley on the Miracle, it had 2 lounge chairs, 2 tables, 2 straight back chairs and 2 chairs that would recline a little. LOVED that balcony and ALASKA...

Awesome!! We can't wait!!!