POA Hawaii - NCL Excursions..... how late can I wait?

CactusFlower527

I know it's been said on here that NCL doesn't sell out excursions online... so I am trying to decide how late do I wait to book an excursion. Mind you, I don't think we're doing anything that will be apt to sell out. Like the Kona Seahorse Farm excursion at $69 and stuff like that. I've hired private guides for Kauai and Hilo .. and am looking at one or two for Maui. I'm a little cranky that we have to prepay for the ones through NCL, never used to have to. Another thing, we have .. between the 2 cabins (one is a Suite) $550 in OBC that we'd like to use for some of this stuff. Sorry, guess I am thinking out loud here, but has anyone ever waited until the embarkation day to schedule some or all of their excursions? and if so, did you find out that many, if any, sold out?

Although I can't comment directly on the POA, in the past we have always waited to book any ship's excursions until we were on board. This is because, as CAS gambling-cruisers we usually end up with credit against our on board account, credit which often pays for at least some of the excursions we've booked on board.

That being said, we have almost never found an excursion sold out. We usually book them quickly when we board. Also with some excursions, the tour operator will simply add another boat or bus, or whatever if demand exceeds the capacity they originally planned.

You'll always see a long line at the excursion desk on boarding day, so this can't be an unusual thing for people to do. The only exception I'd make is with the helicopter tours in Hawaii - those have an obvious limit of the number of people in each helicopter and the number of times the helicopter can fly during the period of time available. I'd book those early if you want them through the ship.

In general, though, I'd say you'd be safe enough, as long as you have some alternate plans in case you do encounter a sold out excursion.

You should be fine. Also, since you are in a suite, you will have someone from Shore Excursions meet you in the suite lounge right after boarding. They'll ensure you are able to book what you want. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums