Things to do MCO--Port Canaveral with kids

avgsuperheroine

I've gotten some great dining and hotel information from the boards. Now that our trip is only three weeks away, I'm wondering if we should plan things to do. I'm kicking myself now for not adding another full day when we booked the flight.

Our flight gets in the day before at noon and we aren't checking bags.

The day we disembark, our plane is set for a 4pm departure.

Our boys are 6, 8, 9. I don't want to pack so much in that they get overwhelmed and crabby, but I do want to have fun and not feel like we spent all that time just waiting.

I assume you are renting a car -- there's lots to do in the Orlando area; maybe downtown Disney or one of the water parks. You can stay later if you get a hotel in Orlando and then drive to PC the morning of your cruise. Or you can drive to the PC area and hit the beach!

With a 4PM departure you could squeeze in some time at the Kennedy Space Center near PC before you drive back to Orlando -- or just hit the beach!

You really don't have very much time but there is still good stuff to keep the kids happy and busy. Depending on weather I'd suggest the beach or airboat rides (kids will love this) or the dinosaur museum in Cocoa Beach. You could also drive to Viera (about 25 minutes from Cape Canaveral) and visit the Brevard Zoo which is great for kids your ages - lots of stuff to see and do there including feeding the giraffes, zip lines, kayak trips. KSC has a ton of stuff to see but you may not have enough time to justify the expense. Cape Canaveral also has the standard mini-golf if you are looking for something cheap and quick. For a rainy day the mall at Merritt Island has movie theaters.