Platinum sailing w/ Non platinum Qs

lissa42886

so great news for my cousin.. she got a free carnival upgrade to PLATINUM status & $100 OBC ( seriously no joke ) now my question is...

will the rest of our group ( 8 people non platinum ) be able to board and debark early w/ her. and possible attend the party she in invited to as well???

Only the people in her cabin will get the Platinum benefits.

Nobody else is eligible unless they are already Platinum/Milestone.

You can link your bookings for dining times, but that does not make everyone Platinum.

so great news for my cousin.. she got a free carnival upgrade to PLATINUM status & $100 OBC ( seriously no joke ) now my question is...

will the rest of our group ( 8 people non platinum ) be able to board and debark early w/ her. and possible attend the party she in invited to as well???

We just booked with this deal! We sail on the Triumph Mar 20 with platinum status, but we are really only blue. I asked who got these offers and she said it was random. My husband is actually who got the offer, but of course we will both be platinum because we booked together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just booked with this deal! We sail on the Triumph Mar 20 with platinum status, but we are really only blue. I asked who got these offers and she said it was random. My husband is actually who got the offer, but of course we will both be platinum because we booked together.

Curious...so how does this work?? :confused:

Do you get ALL "platinum" benefits - past guest party, laundry, gift, etc. - or just some like the priority boarding and tendering??

I am wondering if some folks are getting the FTTF included in their cruise price???

IF that is the case, then technically they are not getting Platinum status...they are getting the FTTF perks which are listed on Carnival's web page.

I am wondering if some folks are getting the FTTF included in their cruise price???

IF that is the case, then technically they are not getting Platinum status...they are getting the FTTF perks which are listed on Carnival's web page.

Maybe - but here is another thread from a couple of weeks ago about being granted "one-time" Platinum status...when they are really "Red". :confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1976349

I was confused then - and still am! :o

Ok, it is actually platinum status. We got a flyer in the mail, see below. It actually has my husbands VIFP # on it. As I said before, I asked why I didnt get one and my carnival rep told me it was random. We also got on board credit and a gift card.

ImageUploadedByForums1391456577.484058.jpg.342c118345ee273656482554b9ffb2c1.jpg

I meant we are Red, not blue. We have 12 pts each. Just wanted clarify.

Sorry here is a clearer pic of flyer.

[ATTACH]300871[/ATTACH]

if this is what my cousin got i think its permeant status upgrade, she said it was in a flyer in the mail.. i just went to the website and tried it and said i wasn't eligible.. did u do it yet??

Yes, but like I said you had to get a flyer with your name and VIFP# on it to qualify. Not just any body can get it. It is by invitation only. I was just showing the flyer to explain what it was because everyone was asking.

if this is what my cousin got i think its permeant status upgrade, she said it was in a flyer in the mail.. i just went to the website and tried it and said i wasn't eligible.. did u do it yet??

It is not a permanent upgrade, just a one time upgrade. See paragraph below.

ImageUploadedByForums1391478157.366926.jpg.042337e9ea287d69f91760eec3a9b450.jpg

I want to know how she got "upgraded" to Platinum? :confused: Do you mean she got upgraded to a suite (which would give her VIP Embarkation) or she was given FTTF for free for some reason? I don't think you can be upgraded to Platinum, you have to earn it by cruising until you have the right number of cruise days (75).

I want to know how she got "upgraded" to Platinum? :confused: Do you mean she got upgraded to a suite (which would give her VIP Embarkation) or she was given FTTF for free for some reason? I don't think you can be upgraded to Platinum, you have to earn it by cruising until you have the right number of cruise days (75).

I posted a pic of the flyer. I booked it as well. It was randomly picked and a one time upgrade.

read the few post before yours.. it shows you.. not a suite upgrade.. a status upgrade IE. red blue gold platinum...