connecting OV balcony rooms - switching who is in what room

wmp.dll

Originally when my group booked our Allure cruise, we put the two females in one room and the two males in the other connecting room because the males wanted a drinks package and the females wouldn't make use of it because they don't drink. Our plan was to go to guest services and get two room only keys made up so we can use the proper room with our significant other.

Anyways now that Royal has switched up the drink package rules, we'd like to switch names on the rooms so we can have the proper setup. We are approaching final payment, we haven't paid 100% of our cruise off, but I was wondering if having a balance would affect switching names on the room? Should we wait till after final payment to phone royal to switch the names?

I have done crossed bookings before, and not had a problem with the extra key.

If you want to go through the pain of switching folks around, I would definitely do it before final pay, when your booking is not locked in.

Just be aware that changing the passengers may trigger a reprice of the cabin, or loss of OBC or other amenity. This is of particular concern if you want to switch the lead passenger (first name on the reservation).

Either way, have a great time!

Wendy

Just leave it like it is for now, and switch once you board...they do NOT care who sleeps where! After you check in, go to customer service and get the proper keys for each person...so that the charges will be added correctly to your accounts.

agree with cb at sea, switch when you are on board and ask for an extra card key for the other room as well, so you can get into both rooms if you want to.

We did a B2B and the travel agent put the room family members in the rooms, I had to go to guest services on the first day of each cruise and switch the seapass, they just issue new ones, no hassle just time waiting in the line.