Just off the Liberty on 1/25/14 quick review...

eng4

This was only our second cruise so I dont have a lot to compare to but let me say Liberty is an awesome ship. The 2.0 upgrades are great. Guys burger joint is close to being the best burgers Ive ever had. The french fries were to thick for my liking but my husband loved them. The BlueIguana cantina has really good too. The breakfast burritos were awesome and the chicken tocos for lunch were good too. Im pretty sure I saw them putting out tostitoes one evening on the salsa bar even tho the cantina was closed. I think it was a late night chips and salsa bar. Wasn't thrilled with the Mongolian wok but it could of been the sauce I had. Didnt have time to go back and try it another day. The fish and chips were a little greasy but still good. So many options for lunch and not enough days. Corned beef from the deli was great too. The desserts on the lido buffet were still really blah in my opinion except for the cake pops, they were really good. Even the choc extravaganza they do one afternoon was blah. We usually went back to the room and ordered choc cake or cheesecake, which are both really yummy!

We ate dinner in the MDR every night. The new menus are just fine. There was still lots of options and the food was really good. I think some ppl just like to nit pick about things. I was on vacation, nothing was bringing me down! The first night took two hours, the rest of the nights less the 1.5. We had 6 ppl at our table, our waiter Walter was beyond great. I don't complain about how long dinner takes because those waiters bust their butt and IM ON VACATION! The shrimp cake appetizer was awesome. Had some type of beef every night, loved the new sauces you can get on the side. We got calamari and flatbread for the table every night along with our individual appetizers. Trust me you wont go hungry with the new menus! I like choosing your sides every night and if it wasn't on the you could ask for it. They accommodate almost all requests. Desserts were really good too.

Both comedians sucked in the punchliners but karaoke was fun.

The cruise director was good, the captain was friendly (last cruise we had a crabby arrogant captain) and all the staff goes out of their way to be friendly and keep that ship in tip top shape at all times. Didn't meet one crabby crew member.

Any questions so far?

Thanks for the quick review. We loved Liberty so much last sept. We're booked for this May.

Didn't the comedians change out mid way through the cruise? I remember last sept. They did.

Nice to hear the new menu is good.

Can you pick your sides for every dish? On some of the menus it looked like particular sides were listed.

Also, did you try some of the port of call items?

Edited by wantocruisemore

Thanks for the review of my favorite ship:)

It sounds like she is still in good shape with a happy crew.

Were you on the eastern or the western run? and how were the ports of call?

Thanks again.:)

Eastern run. Loved all 4 ports.

We rented a cabana on HMC, which was great. Splitting it between 3 families made it worth every dime. It was windy that day and only in the mid 60's so we didnt swim or lay out much but still had a great time. We were right next to the pirate bar so we had music all day. We liked it, some ppl like further down the beach and more privacy. The sand is so white and feels like powder, it doesnt cling to you, its the craziest thing. The food they bring on the island was just okay in my opinion. The jerk chicken was good, and I had a hot dog. Desserts blah as usual. The coleslaw and broccali salad looked weird to me. Food is much better on the ship but its nice of them to make it so convenient.

St Thomas is beautiful. I recommend the paradise point tram ride. Takes you to a breath taking view and we had a cpl cocktails while sitting up there. Then we took a taxi ($4 person) to the flea market area and shopped. Then we took a taxi back to the port area to senior frogs.

San Juan, we did a segway tour. Highly recommend it. Great way to learn a lot about the city and see a lot in a short amount of time. Then we shopped the port area, lots of police around, never felt unsafe.

Grand Turk, we shopped the port area then had lunch/cocktails and hung out in the pool at Margaritaville.

Can you elaborate on the comedians? We find they are usually good, so we will be dissapointed if they're not funny!

Quite honestly, I cant elaborate a lot because I fell asleep during the one (literally) and our 4 friends saw the other one and said she was not funny and annoyingly ghetto. The comedians in the main theater were better.

Thanks.

I have never been to HMC or Grand Turk, would love to though.

my next cruise in Nov will take me to San Juan and I am so looking forward to that since the last time I was there, we arrived at 6pm and left at midnight, and all tours were cancelled due to late arrival. By the time we got off the ship it was already close to 8pm and to late to venture far.

Thanks again, and glad you enjoyed my favorite ship:)

Thanks for the quick review. We loved Liberty so much last sept. We're booked for this May.

Didn't the comedians change out mid way through the cruise? I remember last sept. They did.

Nice to hear the new menu is good.

Can you pick your sides for every dish? On some of the menus it looked like particular sides were listed.

Also, did you try some of the port of call items?

I think the elegant nights were the only nights you couldn't pick your sides. But I really think if we wanted something they would of got it. There was like 6-8 options for sides each night, like twice baked potato, baked, mac n cheese and various veggies. All of us tried different port of call items. Lots of good food. Some things that stood out- prime rib, lobster, mac n cheese, bearnaise sauce to dip steak in, shrimp cake, calamari (mixing the sauces that came with, yum) flat bread, caesar salad, greek salad. Quite honestly I didnt try anything I didnt like.

Quite honestly, I cant elaborate a lot because I fell asleep during the one (literally) and our 4 friends saw the other one and said she was not funny and annoyingly ghetto. The comedians in the main theater were better.

Thanks for the info!

Thank you for the review. If you don't mind, would you let us know what cabin # you had and if it was quiet around it?

We had cabin 7359, it was a great location and quiet. Our friends were two doors down in 7365 and said they heard the crew going in and out of the supply room across the hall as early as 6am everyday.

Yes, tablecloths every night. No free champagne toast like we heard Glory had.

Hi, eng4. We were on the same cruise with you (2nd leg of our B2B).

As we know, they had to have tablecloths cuz the tables were ugly. They have not been replaced with the new ones they had on glory.

At the American Feast, Ken asked for mashed potatoes even though it was not listed on the menu.

Edited by Sparky2