Miami ore cruise stay

lovethesun22

I have never stayed in Miami before. It's like needlei in a haystack to me. Could someone just give me some brief advice to save me trawling the net.

2 night pre cruise stay. Would like to be on or near the beach. Easy to get to the port. Don't want to be running up large taxi bills.

I've read about South beach ?

Any hotel suggestions would be good. Nice hotel medium price bracket please

Edited by lovethesun22

Flying into MIA? :confused:

Taxi from MIA to Miami Beach will be about $32+, more if you are staying north of South Beach -- farther north is more family friendly (and you can use the public bus to get back to SB for dining/shopping/nightlife) but you will also be farther from POM.

• When do you cruise? :confused: The same room that is under $100 in August can be over $300 in prime tourist season (now until Easter).
  • How many in your group? :confused: MAny SB hotels are older and can only accomdate couples -- travelling with kids may push you to stay farther north.
  • Desired budet? :confused:

Too many unaswered questions to give you any accurate/valuable suggestions.

Flying into MIA? :confused:

Taxi from MIA to Miami Beach will be about $32+, more if you are staying north of South Beach -- farther north is more family friendly (and you can use the public bus to get back to SB for dining/shopping/nightlife) but you will also be farther from POM.

• When do you cruise? :confused: The same room that is under $100 in August can be over $300 in prime tourist season (now until Easter).
  • How many in your group? :confused: MAny SB hotels are older and can only accomdate couples -- travelling with kids may push you to stay farther north.
  • Desired budet? :confused:

Too many unaswered questions to give you any accurate/valuable suggestions.

Hi john

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid it's the busy season 19th December. We are a couple. Just looking to see a little of Miami before our cruise would like to be on or near the beach and close to the port.

Thanks