OCD Planner's NAVIGATOR Post Dry Dock Pictorial Review

ace1zoe2

Woke up at 3;47am before the alarm went off, too excited to go back to sleep!

Our BFFs spent the night so we're all up, truck's packed & we're on the road at 5:02am.

A quick stop for breakfast along the way & hoping to be on the ship by 11:30-noon.

More pics to come!

AAhhhh!! So excited for you!! Have fun!!

Subscribed. We will be on her on the 23 Feb. We will be at the Olympic Grill at the pier today to watch Sailaway. Have a wonderful cruise. Happy Birthday and many thanks for all the pictures...............:)

Happy Birthday!

So very thankful you are spending so much time doing these post!! We are VERY thankful for you!

This is my first RCCL cruise and we booked a room on deck 8 called a promenade stateroom # 8577.

I 'm not sure if this is a good room or not , will we here a lot of noise from the window in the promenade?

Happy Birthday!

So very thankful you are spending so much time doing these post!! We are VERY thankful for you!

This is my first RCCL cruise and we booked a room on deck 8 called a promenade stateroom # 8577.

I 'm not sure if this is a good room or not , will we here a lot of noise from the window in the promenade?

We've stayed on deck 6 in a promenade room on the Mariner and actually heard very little. During parades or big events, you can hear some. We were actually on the Mariner for New Year's Eve and it was a great place to watch the festivities after we tired of being in the crowd. Could hear some of what was being said, but not all that much. Our cabin was almost dead center of the promenade.

Only precaution needed is to make sure your drapes are closed because you can see pretty well into the rooms from the promenade. You can definitely see into the rooms directly across to the other side. Have seen pictures here on CC and heard tales of cruisers on the promenade getting a show that those in the cabins seemed to be unaware they were giving. :eek:

No noise from Promenade on deck 8. We were promenade deck 6 once and barely even heard anything at all.

What's the temperature in Galveston?? I'm in Nebraska and it's a balmy 5 degrees.

It's 41 and breezy in Galveston. It's currently 25 in DFW with wind chills in the teens.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Those new staterooms above the spa/bridge looks hideous. Almost as bad as Norwegian epic.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I wouldn't say it looks as bad as Epic, which is IMO the ugliest ship ever constructed. But I do think they look odd. It throws off the look and lines of the ship. It's surprising since RCI has some of the prettiest ships on the water.

It looks like they at least made an attempt to blend them in, unlike the hideous balcony rooms Carnival cobbled onto some of the Fantasy class ships.

What I find more disturbing is this new trend of adding cabins to ships at the expense of public areas. I've never once thought "gee, this ships needs more people and less places to go!"