Luggage Tags

mickiemac

I laminate them with the self-adhesive sheets from staples. Then in the hotel lobby as we are waiting to leave, I borrow a stapler and affix them to the bags. The porters can also tag your bags at the port, but make sure you give them a decent tip.

I cannot remember what I did with the luggage tags on our last cruise. With them being paper, do you laminate them or put them in a luggage tag holder? I want to make sure they do not tear off and my luggage end up in Kansas!

Don't put the luggage tags on prior to your flight. They will get ripped off. TKe some packing tape and use it to tape it around the handle prior to boarding the ship.

I ordered these for our last cruise - worked great and they are reusable. Much quicker than taping/laminating and no need for a stapler. Argh! Wont let me past the website, search Favors by Serendipity and then search cruise luggage tags.

Edited by mykiddiewinks

I cannot remember what I did with the luggage tags on our last cruise. With them being paper, do you laminate them or put them in a luggage tag holder? I want to make sure they do not tear off and my luggage end up in Kansas!

What's wrong with Kansas?

I tape mine with packing tape and then borrow a stapler from the hotel desk to attach them before we leave for the port. If you're not getting there early, then just poke a hole and bring some string. One cruise I forgot to tape them but the paper was just fine.

We bought some cruise luggage tag holders off Ebay for a couple bucks each and they worked great for our cruise last week, held up well and should be good for years to come. Saves having to worry about them the morning of because if you're flying you can't attach paper ones before you go. If you're driving the packing tape/ stapling option is a good free option.

Edited by L&J

You can do both just before you get on the ship.

Great minds think alike, we also cover ours with tape and staple them on. I know the print your own tags is a major cost cutting savings for Carnival. Now I wish they would do away with all the art action ads on the thick paper, and even the spa and booze ads. Isn't the Funtimes enough?

Just curious, why do you want your luggage tags from your last cruise? Aren't you home now?

Don't know if that was a joke or not but I think the OP just couldn't remember "how" they did their luggage tags from their last cruise.

I ordered these for our last cruise - worked great and they are reusable. Much quicker than taping/laminating and no need for a stapler. Argh! Wont let me past the website, search Favors by Serendipity and then search cruise luggage tags.

I bought the same ones from that company. They work great and are reusable and are well made. You can order them from Amazon as well. Here is the link to them on Amazon. I had a friend who was cruising close to the same time when I purchased these and we split the order of 8. http://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-Cruise-Ship-Luggage-Tags/dp/B007UXMQXO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391604140&sr=8-3&keywords=cruise+luggage+tag+holder

I cannot remember what I did with the luggage tags on our last cruise.

With them being paper, do you laminate them or put them in a luggage tag holder?

I want to make sure they do not tear off and my luggage end up in Kansas!

Hi Mickiemac :)

I never use a staple on my luggage tags (as others do) because I don't want to take

a chance in regard to the staple cutting the hand of a porter or longshoreman.

I cover the luggage tags with strong clear packing tape. I use the same

clear packing tape when attaching it to the luggage, instead of a staple.

I also attach more than one luggage tag to a suitcase.

Have never been able to rip off a luggage tag when using clear packing

tape. Always have to remove them using a small pair of scissors we

bring along in our emergency sewing kit.

:)

I do just what it says to do on the tag. Tri-fold them and staple them. That's all you need to do. If you're taping them up or putting them in a tag holder, you're just eliminating your own worries.

Just about all of the cruise lines do it this way and if there was an issue, they wouldn't. Tri-folded paper is very strong and they work fine! No need to waste the extra effort or money!

I do just what it says to do on the tag. Tri-fold them and staple them. That's all you need to do. If you're taping them up or putting them in a tag holder, you're just eliminating your own worries.

Just about all of the cruise lines do it this way and if there was an issue, they wouldn't. Tri-folded paper is very strong and they work fine! No need to waste the extra effort or money!

The only possible problem with just paper is if it is raining. I bought those plastic tag holders because we were traveling from Copenhagen and the port there is just a warehouse. There were recent reports of luggage sitting in the rain and the tags not being readable. You are correct that you are eliminating your own worries, I wanted to make sure my tags were good even in the rain and that I did the best I could to ensure that they arrived in my cabin.