Luggage Tags

mickiemac

I print them off on regular paper, and use the 3M self laminating pouches from WalMart, and secure them with zip ties. Never had a problem with them coming off. Last cruise one of my bags marked FTTF arrived late due to the larger FTTF sticker they place on the bags came off.

The easiest thing is the clear packing tape. But normally we drive to the port so having them "exposed" on flight is not a problem. If you have to fly to your port city then you really don't want to put them on until the morning of the cruise (if staying overnight) or once you get your bag from the luggage carousel at the airport.

With the tape method that means having to bring a roll of tape in your carry on.

I have lately been doing this- Print them out on full sheet printer label paper (after cutting and pasting 3 tags across one page) This gives you 3 tags per sheet which you can cut into individual tags before leaving home. Then you can either peel the backing off the label and stick it to itself OR just peel a piece of backing off of each end leaving backing in the middle of the label so it can slide around the handle easily. This kind of makes the saem type of tag as the airlines use. The label paper does not rip as easily as normal paper. And you don't have to bring a roll of tape.

We drive too.

I use tape, but not to the extreme that it seems a lot of folks do. We fold them per the instructions, then wrap a piece of tape down the front and around back, to keep the room and deck numbers protected if they are in rain. That connects them at the bottom as well, then we run one wrap of tape around the bottom to secure them.

It's worked both times we've done it.

I print ours on card stock. Then I cut away the outside two thirds and just have the center part that is the actual luggage tag. I then print out our name with a label maker on one for myself and one for DW. Then I copy them to make enough for each piece of luggage and one for inside of each piece.

I then put three of them into an 8x10 laminating sheet. I cut them into individual tags, fold them over and punch a hole in the middle of the end. I take zip ties with us and before we board the ship at the hotel, I put the tags on. We carry a small pair of scissors in an outside pocket of one piece of luggage to cut the ties off after we have boarded.

I ordered these for our last cruise - worked great and they are reusable. Much quicker than taping/laminating and no need for a stapler. Argh! Wont let me past the website, search Favors by Serendipity and then search cruise luggage tags.

We use these too from the same company. They're strong and have lasted us many years. I just ordered more for our kids luggage. They're $2.50 a piece so you can order as many or as little as you need. Plus they double as airline luggage tags. We put a business card in it and then put it in the middle of the tag when getting on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's interesting to read of the lengths people go to "protect" their luggage tags. Lots of OCD and paranoia evidenced in this thread! :D

Don't even get me started on how to prevent one of the corners from turning upwards!