Tenders in Europe

Ewoodspark

We are thinking about a Med cruise on the Epic next year but would like some information on which ports use tenders as this was one element that we were not keen on when we did a Caribbean cruise.

Can aybody advise which of these ports use tenders:

Naples, Citavechia (Rome), Livorno (Pisa/Florence), Dubrovnik, Cannes, Palma (Majorca)

Also be aware that things change in these ports with little notice. If there are more ships than anticipated, your ship that was supposed to dock may not be replaced by another, leaving you to tenders. This is especially common during the high season.

I can say that we just returned from the 21 day January 8 departure of the NCL Jade. No tenders were used AT ALL, which was lovely. and the lack of crowds in port was wonderful!

Edited by jkgourmet

Also be aware that things change in these ports with little notice. If there are more ships than anticipated, your ship that was supposed to dock may not be replaced by another, leaving you to tenders. This is especially common during the high season.

I can say that we just returned from the 21 day January 8 departure of the NCL Jade. No tenders were used AT ALL, which was lovely. and the lack of crowds in port was wonderful!

Thanks. However, January in the Med is not very warm I am guessing

We are thinking about a Med cruise on the Epic next year but would like some information on which ports use tenders as this was one element that we were not keen on when we did a Caribbean cruise.

Naples, Citavechia (Rome), Livorno (Pisa/Florence), Dubrovnik, Cannes, Palma (Majorca)

We were on the Epic last year and didn't tender in any of the ports we went to, we were in Naples, Citavecchia, Livorno, Palma, Barcelona and Marseilles.

Edited by 300dtc

I think you may have added an extra port in there, unless they are using very speedy tenders to get you to Dubrovnik. :)

The two previous posters are both correct. Last year there were no tender ports on the Epic cruise, but that was because it didn't go to Cannes. The previous year it did go to Cannes, which is why cubechick tendered there.

This year, we will almost certainly tender to Cannes again. As cubechick said, it was very efficient last time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you may have added an extra port in there, unless they are using very speedy tenders to get you to Dubrovnik. :)

The two previous posters are both correct. Last year there were no tender ports on the Epic cruise, but that was because it didn't go to Cannes. The previous year it did go to Cannes, which is why cubechick tendered there.

This year, we will almost certainly tender to Cannes again. As cubechick said, it was very efficient last time.

Thanks. Dubrovnik was not an extra port. We are still trying to decide on which trip. Does amybody know if there are simple transfers to Rome and Pisa without an actual excursion. NCL are not responding to my E-mail requests

Thanks. Dubrovnik was not an extra port. We are still trying to decide on which trip. Does amybody know if there are simple transfers to Rome and Pisa without an actual excursion. NCL are not responding to my E-mail requests

FWIW, we tendered in Dubrovnik, if you are planning to go there.

There are no "simple transfers" (as in transfers you dont have to prebook or pay for) to Rome or Pisa from the ports, as they are quite a distance away. For Rome, you can book an excursion which is transportation only from NCL or an outside company, or take the train on your own (about an hour away). Pretty much the same with Pisa, although I'm not sure NCL offers a transportation only option there. Look on the website under Shore Excursions to see what is offered for both Civitavecchia and Livorno ports and type can see you options.

Robin

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

Thanks. However, January in the Med is not very warm I am guessing

We cruised in Europe on the Jade in December-January and had fantastic time - it was cool/cold, yeah but we sightsaw well and was able to see a lot within one day - much less crowds. Forget the summer time with the heat and CROWDS!

We went to Cannes on Epic in Oct and we tendered - very painless!