Case for kindle

travlnblueberries

I just got the new kindle fire HDX 8.9 I've been searching and reading reviews like crazy...I plan on using it heavily for travel. Can anyone suggest a case. I really don't care if it's bulky. I just want really good protection from any bumps. I saw the roocase, finti (or something like that) I seen the origami designs,but worry about how well it could hold up. I saw something like "Dante".

One thing I didn't like were the cases that looked like they have rubber bands on all 4 corners holding the kindle in place. One thing I would like is if it could be held like you would a magazine,rather then a book wide open.(hope I explained that so you could understand). So any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Also if there's ones to stay away from. Sorry so long.

I have one of the first generation Kindles-- I have a "M-Edge case that I love. Bought one for my tablet also. What I like about it for traveling is it has slots so you can slide your key card and the dailies in it will walking around.

I have seen some nice cases at Big Lots for under $20.00. Some of them are zippered and some are neoprene.

Enjo your cruise and your Kindle

I have one of the first generation Kindles-- I have a "M-Edge case that I love. Bought one for my tablet also. What I like about it for traveling is it has slots so you can slide your key card and the dailies in it will walking around.

I have seen some nice cases at Big Lots for under $20.00. Some of them are zippered and some are neoprene.

Enjo your cruise and your Kindle

Thanks,I never thought of Big Lots. I'll check them out tomorrow. Weather permitting.

I have a regular Kindle Fire, 2nd Gen., and I like a case that zips closed, can be folded back like a magazine, and has a zippered compartment on the front where I can tuck a Seapass, or stylus. Check cases out in Best Buy, Radio Shack, WalMart, Staples, Office Max/Depot, etc. Find one you like, then check prices on Amazon and ebay. EM

If you go to etsy.com, you'll find some nice home made cases for your Kindle. Just type "Kindle cases" in the web site's search bar. Both my wife and daughter have the Nook, and I bought cases for them on etsy. Very well made, and I was very pleased with the quality. Much better than a "store bought" case.:)

I just purchased one at Best Buy, and you have to be very careful about which one you buy. There is one made by Amazon and it's called an Origami Case. This is the only case that works for the latest generation of the HDX because of the location on the on/off and volume buttons. On the newest HDX, those buttons are on the back of the unit, so the only case that works is the Origami that also has control buttons on the outside of the case, and the unit can be moved slightly in the case for the camera to work. And, this case has a magnetic closure and you can fold the back of the case so that it turns into a stand.

I got a case for my Fire on Amazon. I don't like the ones with the elastic corner holders either. The one I purchased: The kindle slips into a leather like case that protects it well, but you still have access to the buttons, speakers, etc. This then velcro's into a book type cover that doubles as a stand. I can look up the name if you would like.

I just got the new kindle fire HDX 8.9 I've been searching and reading reviews like crazy...I plan on using it heavily for travel. Can anyone suggest a case. I really don't care if it's bulky. I just want really good protection from any bumps. I saw the roocase, finti (or something like that) I seen the origami designs,but worry about how well it could hold up. I saw something like "Dante".

One thing I didn't like were the cases that looked like they have rubber bands on all 4 corners holding the kindle in place. One thing I would like is if it could be held like you would a magazine,rather then a book wide open.(hope I explained that so you could understand). So any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Also if there's ones to stay away from. Sorry so long.

have these on two samsung s4's and a samsung g3 8" any new hardware will get the same

http://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-Defender-Series-Kindle-Black/dp/B00DQZTJKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391607411&sr=8-1&keywords=Defender+Series+for+Kindle+Fire+HDX+8.9%E2%80%9D

If you read the specs for your unit, it says it won't work for the Kindle HD which is what the OP has.

You might also want to check Gordman's--got a nice sturdy case for my Nook there about a year ago.

I have never heard of Gordman's

Essiesmom, believe it or not,our best buy had only one origami to show what it looked like, but nothing that would fit mine. They told me to try Amazon.

Wal-Mart, didn't have anything,but one. It wasn't made very well. I brought it home,but it's going back.Staples had nothing.Not even one.

Kitty9 I saw the origami and was concerned about it's stability. It seems like it could be a little juggling act if it starts to fold up on you.

Runnergirl26.2 I would love to know. If you can please look up the name I'd apreciate it.

Sherlock43031 I saw a video on you tube about the otterbox. The guy was doing a review and said he liked it,then he accidently dropped it, and the whole thing fell apart. Dh said,"Well forget that one".

If you read the specs for your unit, it says it won't work for the Kindle HD which is what the OP has.

Kitty dear.. exactly what do I need to read?

by OtterBox

OtterBox Defender Series for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" (will only fit Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"), Black

4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (178 customer reviews)

Price: $79.95 Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime.

travlnblueberries

Case for kindle

I just got the new kindle fire HDX 8.9

it was either a joke or the guy was pissed at Otterbox and setup it to break. look at the 1K's of positive reviews.

Sherlock43031 I saw a video on you tube about the otterbox. The guy was doing a review and said he liked it,then he accidently dropped it, and the whole thing fell apart. Dh said,"Well forget that one".

Edited by Sherlock43031

Well, excuse me Sherlock. I obviously don't know jack since I own a kindle and you own a Samsung, but I'll bow to your better knowledge. Sheesh.

I have the Origami case and it hasn't collapsed yet. I really like the foldability aspect.

Edited by kitty9

Well, excuse me Sherlock. I obviously don't know jack since I own a kindle and you own a Samsung, but I'll bow to your better knowledge. Sheesh.

I have the Origami case and it hasn't collapsed yet. I really like the foldability aspect.

you are the one that jump to point out I didn't read the OP.. so what are your panties getting all twisted up about? I also own an original kindle and a kindle fire hd 8.9 (not hdx) but they don't have that case as they don't travel much.

Here is the case I have: CaseCrown Ridge Stand By Case at Amazon. I got the grasshopper green color. If you get it, take it out of the package to air out before you use it. Has a chemical type smell at first. I put in a link but it went to a different case.

Edited by RunnerGirl26.2