Best way to cancel 2 of 4 passengers

bvhboat

We took advantage of a good rate & $50 deposit & booked the Fantasy for my family of 4 over Thanksgiving. Its a ocean view on the Empress deck. We added the gratuities & paid for 4 Trace Adkins tickets when we booked. The price of the cruise has gone up since then but if I do a mock booking for a similar cabin for 2 its still $560 cheaper. Right now it will cost me $200 to cancel. We have FTTF too, I dont want to lose that if we cancel. If my mother in law can watch the kids what is the best way to go about this? Thanks.

Are we to assume you booked one cabin for the 4 of you? And you want to cancel the kids? The only way you would have to pay money to cancel is if you booked Early Saver. In that case, you would cancel two people and be out $50pp. The rest of their deposit would be held for use on a future cruise. But since your deposit was only $50pp, that $100 is all you would lose. If you did not book early saver, you should not lose any money in canceling them. EM

If you booked directly with Carnival I would just call them. I made changes to my booking yesterday and had them confirm that my FTTF was still there after the changes were made. It is now sold out for my cruise and I didn't want to take the chance of losing it somehow in the change.

The other thing that you might want to think about is you would then have a booking for 2 in a quad cabin. There would be the possibility that they could move you to a cabin that is set up for double occupancy.

Your best bet is going to be to call Carnival and see what they can do for you if that's how you booked.

There seems to be quite a bit of moving parts to this one and I imagine you want to come out of it with your cabin, the show tickets and FTTF.

That is exactly what I'm trying to do. Thanks for the replys.