FBI involved Breakaway tradgedy

jerseagal

I can't say I am surprised... hopefully their investigation yields a definitive story, so it can squash the stories going around. However, the conversation about this has been quite spirited and the debate is interesting to read!! It really makes you think!!

Agreed I hope this tragedy results in better parental vigilance regardless of what the investigation proves.

There are children's programs available if the parents wish adult time. Aside from that they should have eyes on those little ones at all times.

Not sure why the FBI is involved. It appears that many posters here already know enough already and passing judgement.

Okay - tongue in cheek, but it you read the other active thread you will see many that are making comments saying it was preventable. And to say that, you have to have all the details, right?

Sad what happened to this children and the family.

And very sad that so many people jump to conclusions with no facts.

Standard procedure. Does not mean a crime occurred.

Correct. they're just investigating to see if a crime occurred. It doesn't mean they actually suspect or have evidence of a crime. it's just standard operating procedure. If this happened in your home town your local police would investigate it. The reason the FBI is involved is because it happened in international waters.

Can we please stop creating new threads about the drownings?

No kidding.

This article has absolutely nothing new to report (except of course in the title of the article). The article itself mentions nothing about an FBI investigation, although I imagine there will probably be something to that effect. It just goes on to say exactly what all the rest of the 3 - 4 - 5 threads that are already reporting.