OBC used for UDP

FLBeachwalker

Hi and thanks in advance for all the help I know i will get :)

We are sailing 3/15 and received $650 OBC. There was a promotion for UDP and prepaid gratuities plus additional obc. I was told that I would be personally charged - not obc- if I made dinner reservations prior to boarding. Does anyone have experience with this? Someone told me that it would be difficult to get the dining times we prefer if we wait until boarding. Also what is the deal with the shows - is there an up charge for some, all? Reservations required? Do we need to book these in advance of boarding - obc or not? NCL seems different since we sailed the Med on the Jewel when she was brand new! Again, thank you!

We are sailing 3/15 and received $650 OBC. There was a promotion for UDP and prepaid gratuities plus additional obc. I was told that I would be personally charged - not obc- if I made dinner reservations prior to boarding. Does anyone have experience with this? Someone told me that it would be difficult to get the dining times we prefer if we wait until boarding. Also what is the deal with the shows - is there an up charge for some, all? Reservations required? Do we need to book these in advance of boarding - obc or not? NCL seems different since we sailed the Med on the Jewel when she was brand new! Again, thank you!

Wow, when did you sail the Jewel in the Med when it was new? We were on the first sailing and it sailed from Dover to NYC. As for NCL being different, not really, just some updates in the past 8 years. They have added more specialty dining rooms, and have some larger ships, but they are basically the same cruise line as then. As for booking after you get on board, we have not had a problem. I am sure with the new program there will be a little less availability but you shouldn't have any problems. We do not intend on booking 'til we get on board.

When was this promo?

Wow, lots of questions so... let's break it down,

you said "if I made dinner reservations prior to boarding (you'd be charged)." Yes, OBC is ONBOARD credit so you'd be charged which means that your promo for UDP has not been added to your account yet...that's usual. OBC doesn't get added to your account until after you're onboard and sometimes not until the next day.

You said, "it would be difficult to get the dining times we prefer"

It could be difficult to get the times you prefer but not impossible and with the UDP, you get priority reservations so not to worry.

You said, "the shows - is there an up charge for some, all?"

Most shows are included, however, the Cirque Dreams and the Murder Mystery luncheon are up charges and you will be able to book these when you board although if there is a show that you might miss out on, Cirque is very popular.

Not sure when you last cruised on NCL but there are lots of great things that we love, Freestyle Dining being the most popular, I'd guess.

Enjoy your cruise,

Edited by B6ConMe

You said, "it would be difficult to get the dining times we prefer"

It could be difficult to get the times you prefer but not impossible and with the UDP, you get priority reservations so not to worry.

Only a fraction of tables is even available for prebookings, if someone has their dates and times ready when they board, they won't have any problems making the reservations >99% of the time.

Thank you for all the good info. NewmexicoNita we sailed the Jewel in July of 2006 it was a special promo that included airfare and 2 nights hotel in Barcelona for a balcony cabin. We booked this current cruise through the same online agency because of the great perks. Disney1975 we booked on January 17th. We loved the Jewel and are excited to be sailing the Getaway. Happy sailing everyone!