Rental Equiptment at Horseshoe Bay

stillababe

I was wondering what sort of rentals are offered at Horseshoe Bay. Can I rent snorkel gear there? And if so, what are the prices... per hour, or for the day? Also, what are the chances of items being "sold out" if we get there at about noon, like chairs or floats or snorkel gear? (we are not early risers). I don't want to lug things with us (snorkels, fins, vests, etc) if we are only going to be there for the day.

We are planning on going to snorkel park the second day we are there, and I am sure rental equiptment for snorkeling will be in full supply... am I correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeannie

Voyager -- 7/24/05

You can rent umbrellas or chairs. Snorkel equipment I don't know about, because I had my own. I have a problem using other peoples stuff, so I don't mind lugging it along. Besides, the waves are big enough to body surf, so I had no time to snorkle. If you do rent or bring your own there are ample opportunities to snorkle along the large outcropping of rock, but be careful of the waves along them. Have fun because this is my favorite beach anywhere. We spend most of our time there and if you bring your boogie board you'll have a great time riding the waves.

Have fun because this is my favorite beach anywhere. We spend most of our time there and if you bring your boogie board you'll have a great time riding the waves.

Well, now you've got me thinking. Maybe we should ditch the snorkel gear and bring our boogie boards. ugh, more stuff to lug along.

Is there a beach nearby there, that would also have amenities (like rentals and snack bars) but no waves? I really would like to just veg-out, and float on one of those foam rafts, and not deal with waves. But, I still want bathroom and snack bar stuff close by.

I sound really picky, don't I! I swear, I'm not. I just want a calm beach to float on, and a bathroom and snack bar.

Is there a beach nearby there, that would also have amenities (like rentals and snack bars) but no waves?

Two beaches that come to mind are Shelley Bay and Tobacco Bay but I'm not sure how close those would be to you. I think Tobacco Bay also has snorkel equipment for rent but I think Shelley Bay just has chair and umbrella rentals. Snorkel Park at Dockyards might do as well, anyone know how the waves are there?

Since you are taking the Voyager on the 24th you will only have a day and a half (5pm) in Bermuda. If you haven't been to Bermuda before after a few hours you'll say we have to come back as soon as possible. To us it is the best island we have visited. I'ts just beautiful, friendliest people, safe, and we have visited many times as cruisers and fly ins. Matter of fact I'm trying to convince my wife to take 4 nights off from work and fly in at the end of August.

Your docked at Kings Wharf so you have a couple of choices to get to

Horseshoe Bay or to any of the beaches along that side of the island - taxi (expensive $20 one way), rent a moped, or bus it. Bussing it is the most reasonable, but you will need to have a token to get on. They won't take cash. As at the Voyager's excursions desk for them. If your not docked at Kings Wharf I'll have to take you on a different approach.

Horseshoe Bay's waves aren't that rough, but you aren't going to have a ripple or two of waves. It's a nice combination of both. I have rented a raft there and floated about with my wife and all the other beach lovers. Just take the snorkle equipment and have a lot of fun. You can walk both ends of the beach, climg the high out cropping of rock and just enjoy the beach and beautiful turqouise waters.

I agree with Swizzle about Tobacco Bay, but that's in St. George at the opposite end of the island. If you really want more info. about Tobacco Bay just let me know. I'll help in any way I can.

Michael

Thank you all for the information, it was so helpful. Yes, we will be docking at King's Wharf. I think we will stick with Horseshe Bay and will venture to the other side of the island on another trip.

Can't wait!

Hi I believe Horseshoe Bay has two beaches -- one with the rougher waves that's great for boogie boarding (or 'jumping the waves' as my dd's do) and another calm little cove, over to the right after you're past the snack stand/rental place. This is a protected area with shallower water that's just wonderful for snorkeling, littler kids, or anyone who just wants to get wet.

Further back on that road, (towards Hamilton) is Warick Long Bay. It's supposed to have good snorkeling, and there's someone there that rents snorkels, but it was a little rough for my DD to snorkel. If you're a good swimmer and have snorkeled before, it's probably great. And it was an absolutely breathtaking beach.

Happy vacation.

Unless you are in great athletic shape, take the bus back up the hill from the beach, it's an exhausting up hill climb, and long too! I think I had heat exhaustion after that climb. also, if you want more privacy, go beyond that rock formation , on your left, great little spot, that's worth the walk!!

Archived