Woman Upset...

lisalisa143

1. She wasn't allowed to leave the ship, but then she was allowed to leave the ship and got yelled at in Mexico.

2. Carnival made her write an apology letter, why, and what perk did she get? Or did they threaten to throw her overboard? What's the point?

3. How did she get back in her room to find it ransacked? She didn't have the room key anymore...

4. Usually when you do something foolish and allow yourself to be robbed, you don't blame the establishment. Would you freak out at Hampton Inn because you let a stranger in your room, with your wallet or purse out?

5. If this story were true, what would you do? Maybe comb the ship and find the robber? But if you are guilty of faking a crime, you'll be more likely to throw a tantrum as you see here.

I'm more shocked that she got the local media to buy into this story.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

I'm not. Her fish tale story sold newspapers and got people to turn on the news station. Advertising dollars were made by the network. All those teaser ads you " news at 11" stay tuned. I bet her story was the last one too so you stayed hooked

Huh, she couldn't leave the ship, but Mexican authorities said she was an illegal immigrant and was going to prison?? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If you lose your S&S, they will replace it, that is a given. You can disembark and re-board with only your S&S. So why the illegal immigrant scenario?? OMG, if you're going to make up a story, at least make I half way believable!

What a fish tale! Why would anyone with any common sense leave $1,000 out in their cabin? It sounds like this woman either has some kind of mental illness or she's trying to extort money from Carnival through a meritless lawsuit.

Thanks for sharing this story. Sounds like Carnival did the right thing by letting the authorities take care of her.

I agree...a real drama queen...wanting her time on the news...and maybe a "payoff"

It simply makes no sense. Leave $1000 laying about ho hum and let "a man" who you have not seen before in the cabin. Right.

There is no proof she even had the $1000 to begin with.

Huh, she couldn't leave the ship, but Mexican authorities said she was an illegal immigrant and was going to prison?? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If you lose your S&S, they will replace it, that is a given. You can disembark and re-board with only your S&S. So why the illegal immigrant scenario?? OMG, if you're going to make up a story, at least make I half way believable!

Actually, in many locations, you are required to show another form of ID (such as a DL) with your S&S card. Cozumel is one of the places we have had to do that.

I totally agree. None of this makes sense. And she said that someone (I assume a Carnival employee?) came to her room and said the needed to clean it. I've NEVER had a steward tell me that! They always wait until you are out of the room so they are not any inconvenience to you. And, if you leave anything valuable out in your room - its your own stupidity. I would trust the stewards more than I would trust some random passenger going down the hall and seeing a room door open & money laying on the counter.

But, that being said - we ALWAYS keep our valuables in the safe if we are not in the room - money, passports, phones, ipads, cameras, jewelry - etc.

Her story just doesn't add up on many levels.