Hong Kong Disney

starlight_cruiser

Hi Everyone

We are looking at a cruise (first timers) then docks in hong at 10pm and leaves the follow day at 4pm.

Would there be a enough time to head out in the morning as take our kids to Hong Kong Disney??? We could get there when the park opens which seems is 10am and I was thinking leave at 2pm to get back on to the boat?

Our kids would be 5 & 7 so 4 hours would probably be enough time for them but I would wondering if people thought this was a crazy idea?

What do you think? :)

I was in Hong Kong a couple of years back and there is a train that goes from downtown to the park. Very easy to go. Have fun in the park, there are some things different, like on the Jungle Cruise which language to hear. Now I only have Tokyo Disney to do.

Hong Kong has two cruise terminals. The older "Ocean Terminal" is a few (long) blocks away from the Kowloon subway station that'll take you to Disney. The newer Kai Tak terminal is much further away, no direct subway service (yet) so you'll have to rely on taxis or the cruise line shuttles to get to a subway station.

You might want to repost your question here in the Asia boards: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70

They have special Disney cars that have windows that are shaped like a certain Disney character ;)

Edited by Philob

IMO not worth attempting on your own for that short of period of time if the ship docks at the new Kai Tak Terminal. Having lived and worked in Hong Kong traffic can be very unpredictable from/to Kai Tak. Would only chance going to Disney HK from Kai Tak for that short of time if the cruise line offers an excursion.

Times is also iffy even if ship docks at Ocean Terminal. FYI it's about a 10-15 minute walk from Central Rd ( Right outside Ocean Terminal) down Peking RD (intersection at street light after existing Ocean Terminal ) to Nathan Road where the subway is located. Though HK has one of the most efficient subway systems in the world you still have to be careful to make certain you're on the correct route. You also have to be advised that not all Taxi's go to all areas.

Red- Are Urban Taxis; they have the right to operate throughout Kowloon, Hong Kong Island and the New Territories, including Disney Land These are the taxis you’re most likely to see. Be warned, although the taxis have the right to travel throughout the territory, many won’t cross the harbour between Hong Kong Island and Kowloon. You’ll need to go to the Cross_Harbour taxi ranks, such as at the Star Ferry terminals.

Green – Are New Territory Taxis; they only have the right to operate in the New Territory area, including Disneyland

Blue - Are Lantai taxis; they only have the right to operate on Lantau Island.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Hi Everyone

We are looking at a cruise (first timers) then docks in hong at 10pm and leaves the follow day at 4pm.

Would there be a enough time to head out in the morning as take our kids to Hong Kong Disney??? We could get there when the park opens which seems is 10am and I was thinking leave at 2pm to get back on to the boat?

Our kids would be 5 & 7 so 4 hours would probably be enough time for them but I would wondering if people thought this was a crazy idea?

What do you think? :)

not enough time to truly enjoy it. just like we really tell people it isn't worth it to hit WDW on port days even with a shore excursion through the ship.

I'd rather do Happy Valley or the Jade market in HK.

Hong Kong Disney is much smaller than the Magic Kingdom or Disneyland. It doesn't take that long to see. Four hours would be a good amount of time. You could spend the night in the Disneyland hotel so that you could get an early start in the morning. You can buy the admission tickets online ahead of time or at the hotel if you stay there. We spent an hour in line to buy admission tickets the second time we went (we weren't staying in the hotel). My favourite ride there was Space Mountain which had really nice special effects. My next favourite part of the park was the gift shop - lots of Disney themed merchandise that they only sell there. My daughter loves her Disney chopsticks.

There is a taxi stand next to where the buses are, so it will be easy enough to get back to your ship.

Edited by boulders

Not sure what the ages of your children are but I would recommend enjoying some of the local culture. You don't really have time to see all of Hong Kong in a day but I would highly recommend old Hong Kong known as Kwollon. Its very safe and a real cultural experience. Although I have been there before I would go back in a heartbeat. Save Disney for North America.