Beach or ruin?

Peace2U

If you go to Tulum, there is a beautiful beach just below the ruins. However, Coba has the more impressive ruins, IMO, and can be combined with a swim at a cenote. Cozumel is best for diving/snorkeling. The issue may be getting off the island by ferry, to the sight you choose, and back (if you are on a ship and have a tight departure time).

If you do the ruins, just be advised that it is a long day with ferry and bus rides and little time to see anything other than walking the pathways around the structures. Especially so for Coba. And that's on a ship excursion. You might be even longer with a private excursion and run a risk of missing the ferry back in time to catch your ship. The 3 PM (Coz time) ferry is usually the last one you can catch if you ship is leaving between 5 and 6 PM. The next one is at 5PM Coz time, too late. Many threads on this board on both Tulum and Coba.

We're actually going to Coba this next time in Cozumel. We've done Cozumel several times and already have snorkeling etc? set up for other stops. Coba is only ruin you can still climb in Mexico. Been to Tulum, not impressed.

I agree, Tulum was a let down. The beach is beautiful. My daughter accidently swallowed a gulf of water when she went swimming and got sicker than ever later that day.

Beware it's a long ride, first on the ferry. If you do go make sure you use Carnival, so if you're late, the ship will wait for you.

My wife made a slideshows from the pictures she took on our cruise and posted them on her website.

If you are interested in seeing them you can click on the link below. The slideshow will play as soon as the page opens, but you can also go through the pictures by clicking on the thumbnails one at a time.

It wass a long day but we thought it was worth it.

Here is the link

Excursion to Tulum Mayan Ruins

My wife made a slideshows from the pictures she took on our cruise and posted them on her website.

If you are interested in seeing them you can click on the link below. The slideshow will play as soon as the page opens, but you can also go through the pictures by clicking on the thumbnails one at a time.

Here is the link

great slideshow. thanks for sharing

Here is the link

very nice pictues and the music is wow, coueld you please ask your wife the name of the song and / or who band or group plays it? TIA :D

very nice pictues and the music is wow, coueld you please ask your wife the name of the song and / or who band or group plays it? TIA :D

I'll pass on your compliments to my wife. She spends quite a bit of time putting her slide shows together and picking out background music for each one.

She said the group is called Secret Garden. The song is called Children of the River and is from the album Dawn of a New Century.

The music sounds so good with those pictures. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Happy cruising!

I'll pass on your compliments to my wife. She spends quite a bit of time putting her slide shows together and picking out background music for each one.

She said the group is called Secret Garden. The song is called Children of the River and is from the album Dawn of a New Century.

The music sounds so good with those pictures. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Happy cruising!

I just found the song video on youtube and overthere is a link to where I can buy the album if I want it, please say thanks so much to your wiife, and thanks to you also :D