breakfast on disembarkation day

PTAngel

This is our routine as well. After showers we put the remainder (my stuff) in our carryons and head for breakfast. Never feel rushed; we usually linger over coffee then go back to the room. If you do this make sure to put the "do not disturb" card in the door when you go down for breakfast.
We have been informed on every RCI cruise we have been on that rooms were to vacated by 8am. In my experience "Do Not Disturb" signs are ignored after 8am. Generally the stewards and supplemental support staff from other departments have almost all of the beds stripped by 8:30am so that the laundry can be done. We work with the steward and occasionally do leave stuff in the room after 8am, but carefully place it where it is a minimal impediment to the cleaners (eg in a single group either on the sofa or in the closet; never on the bed or in the bathroom). The cleaners are under the gun to get the rooms ready; ignore this fact at your own risk.

Thom

Be careful about emptying your safe, leaving your valuables in carry on bags in your cabin, and going to breakfast. There have been unpleasant stories. Sometimes the crew leaves cabin doors open to facilitate the work, and your property becomes vulnerable. This happened to me on another cruise line. I ran to the buffet for a minute and left my purse on Crystal. On my return my cabin attendant (young woman seeing the world, not a professional supporting a family) was flustered to see me return. Got in a cab - all my cash was gone.