Star Princess Chief Table Experience?

tgmg00a

My DW and I taking our first cruise together this summer on the Star out of San Francisco in mid June. I am interested in the "Chiefs Table" dinning option and was wondering your thoughts from from folks who have taken advantage of this dinning option. How one goes about signing up? How quickly do I need to sign up, does this get booked up fast?

Thanks in advance!

We did the Chefs Table on the Star last April. It was fantastic. Well worth the money. I believe the cost was $99/person but this included many courses plus wine, champagne and specialty coffee with desert. You will need to call the dine line as soon as you get to your room on embarkation day. They put you on the list and you will be notified if you are chosen. The dinner starts with a tour of the galley along with several appetizers and champagne while in the galley. You are then taken to a table in the dining room. There you will be served several special courses with wine by very attentive waiters. And of course ends with a special desert. Photos are taken of you and the chef and maitre'd along with your table and you will be given those at the end of the meal. You will also be given a copy of the Princess cookbook autographed by the chef and maitre'd. I would not do this on every single cruise but it is a special event and well worth trying at least once. Come hungry and enjoy all the special attention you receive throughout the tour and meal. Should you choose not to drink wine, the price is a little lower. Enjoy if you decide to try this!

lljost pretty much covered it. I can only add that we've done the Chef's Table twice and thought it was wonderful! We were lucky to have only paid $75 per person, but the cost has gone up to $95 I believe. If you don't drink wine, the cost is less.

We did it on our first cruise on the Crown. You get appetizers and a tour of the galley. Food is amazing. Two free photos, a cook book and a rose. We had a great time. But, you need to book early... Fills up fast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app