Post-Steiner, Pre-Canyon Ranch concerns

Ash1982

Hi all! Has anyone sailed on Celebrity since their Steiner contract expired? I'm sailing on Reflection in mid-February, in AquaClass, and I'm nervous that the spa experience will be sub-par while the line is transitioning between the two companies. Who is running the spa until CR begins? Should I be nervous? The spa and AQ = main motivation for sailing with Celebrity. :confused:

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the new spa operators on Reflection use/stock Elemis. After years of skin problems I am devoted to the brand and was main reason we booked Aquaclass for April Transatlantic, I had planned on immersing myself in Elemis treatments and will be devastated if it is no longer available.

We were on Silhouette 2 weeks ago - after it was public knowledge that Canyon Ranch was taking over the spa and there was no change in service. The ladies at the spa were great. Remember that they are still working for tips, and they also may be hoping to obtain a job with CR!

If you're in the States you can order Elemis products from Ulta. Just as crazy expensive online!

Well, I've avoided Steiner Spas on RC and X ships for years -- can't stand to pay that kind of $$ for a massage, and still have to dodge that sales pitch! I'm looking forward to Canyon Ranch, but they won't be on Century until a month after my cruise. So, for this one at least, I plan to continue avoiding the spa, except for my free port day Persian Garden pass. :(

Does anyone know if the new spa operators on Reflection use/stock Elemis. After years of skin problems I am devoted to the brand and was main reason we booked Aquaclass for April Transatlantic, I had planned on immersing myself in Elemis treatments and will be devastated if it is no longer available.

I know there are places that sell the Elemis line. I would suggest doing a google search for their products. Also a few years ago QVC sold their products. You might do a search oh their web site and see if they still keep it in stock.

Linda

We were on Silhouette 2 weeks ago - after it was public knowledge that Canyon Ranch was taking over the spa and there was no change in service. The ladies at the spa were great. Remember that they are still working for tips, and they also may be hoping to obtain a job with CR!

This is great feedback. Thanks for posting!

http://www.timetospa.com/?cid=prointense&gclid=CL6WroeKu7wCFYdgfgodRD8A3A

I can't believe it! Exactly my thoughts when I heard about the change. I use La Therapie (version from France) if it isn't the Elemis products. I saw the products once at a spa at Heathrow airport. Imagine the products are available thru an online site. Don't want my DH to know. He thinks he is helping me out by taking me on the ship to buy my favourite cleansers and toners.:eek:

When P&O changed their spas to Steiners a few years ago the transfer was very smooth, most of the spa staff were the same, the girls did training on the new products and treatments for around a month onboard before the change. I am sure this is what will happen on Celebrity.

1) I agree with an earlier poster… the spas on the cruise weren't "blissful" because the sales pitch was hanging over my head like an anvil. Even after repeated opening requests to not try to sell me products (I live/work in NYC so there's nothing on board I can't easily get closer to home - usually for a lot cheaper), they still would… so, I stopped going. Sometimes I treat myself to a spa day prior to sailing, sometimes I top of the vacation with one once I'm home… I love it - more massage and skin treatment for the dollar plus no sales pitch plus working with massage therapists and estheticians with whom I already have a relationship. I suspect the employees for CR will also work for tips and commissions on sold products, so I'm not certain I'll be changing my routine.

2) If still looking for a source, Bliss spas sell the Elemis line (www dot blissworld dot com).

Happy Sailing!

1) I agree with an earlier poster… the spas on the cruise weren't "blissful" because the sales pitch was hanging over my head like an anvil. Even after repeated opening requests to not try to sell me products (I live/work in NYC so there's nothing on board I can't easily get closer to home - usually for a lot cheaper), they still would… so, I stopped going. Sometimes I treat myself to a spa day prior to sailing, sometimes I top of the vacation with one once I'm home… I love it - more massage and skin treatment for the dollar plus no sales pitch plus working with massage therapists and estheticians with whom I already have a relationship. I suspect the employees for CR will also work for tips and commissions on sold products, so I'm not certain I'll be changing my routine.

You make a good point! I'm looking forward to Canyon Ranch onboard -- but, I have no intention of putting up with the same "snake oil sales pitch" from their staff, either. What gives me hope is that I've never heard any bad reports from the ships where they already have spas (Oceana?). And, it's been a while, but I didn't experience anything like that in their spa in the Las Vegas Venetian.

Hi all! Has anyone sailed on Celebrity since their Steiner contract expired? I'm sailing on Reflection in mid-February, in AquaClass, and I'm nervous that the spa experience will be sub-par while the line is transitioning between the two companies. Who is running the spa until CR begins? Should I be nervous? The spa and AQ = main motivation for sailing with Celebrity. :confused:

Thanks!

We just finished a 14 day trip on the Eclipse. We used the spa. I had a massage & Richard had a full facial. The only issue was Richard got quite a rash from the oils used. He has VERY sensitive skin(as many Asians do)Outside of that, the quality was about equal to what we got in Canyon Ranch on Cunard.Prices were high(aren't they all!!)I didn't really care for the hard sell they tried on the Elemis products..Geesh! are they pricey(better to look online)Overall, I think it was about equal to Canyon Ranch on Cunard. If they are in transition I saw no declines.