Balcony question on the Summit

Jetswdo

Ok, I am trying to decide between the aqua cabins under beginning of buffet area mid ship deck 9 or splurging for one of the larger towards aft balcony sky suite cabins on deck 6 above Cellar Masters. If there is no covering at all by cabin 6120- 6128 then I would just prefer to save the money and go aqua, where there is an overhang over deck 9 mid ship.

Any way from what I read, many of the cabins towards the aft have no covering over balconies (like most princess ships which I don't like for that reason)-

Thanks, Anita

I can't answer your question about the overhang but I would caution you that most of the AQ cabins on deck 9 are under the pool or buffet area. If noise would bother you this may be an issue for the cabins on that deck. There are the new AQ cabins that were added up on deck 11.

Edited by RosieRoo

I guess I should have first said, that I have researched everything already, know that unfortunately Aqua cabins are under pool or buffet or on deck 11 (I won't book due to no covering on balconies there) ---

Now, that being said, the overhang on deck 9 works for me (at least balcony is covered. Do I want to be under buffet and pool? No. But I like Blu.

We are thinking of paying the extra money for a sky suite, one of the larger balcony ones on deck 6. Looking at cabin 6125-- I don't want to pay extra to look at life boats- I think this cabin since it is further aft has better views. If I am wrong, someone PLEASE correct me. We are not crazy about 6132 due to balcony not being very private, from what I saw on the pictures. Also 6145 can get noise from adjoining suite. Also, I prefer mid ship locations to being way in the back anyway.

I would avoid M class ships altogether- (Loved, Loved, Loved, the Reflection!)

But itinerary comes first. We want to do a Bermuda cruise from NYC area, like Celebrity over NCL. So we will do the Summit and enjoy. Meantime, don't want to waste money for stuff that doesn't matter to us. For cabins, we just want far aft to mid ship location, best balcony we can get with that, on Celebrity want option of eating in Blu. We don't care about having a butler or not, bathrooms aren't a big deal to us really, but for 3 days in Bermuda, it would be nice to have a balcony we can make use of. It is just the two of us.

We will probobly just book aqua around mid elevators, and hope for the best. The deck 9 aqua cabins haven't had as many noise complaints as I would have thought. Many years ago, we were in a mini suite cabin on RCL Majesty ship which was mid ship, right under pool deck. The only noise was the anchor being dropped right by our cabin! And it was noisy. But it really wasn't that big of a deal--we had a great time on that cruise. But then again, we were cruise newbies and didn't really no what we were doing with cabin selection. Since then we have been very careful- have had no noise problems at all- But the norm for us is a cabin above, and a cabin below. So for the Summit, I need to compromise my usual cabin strategy, if I want to eat in Blu. We won't give that up, for an occasional noise from above. We just don't want to pay extra for stuff that isn't very important to us, or to have a balcony that for us wouldn't be very pleasant, and we paid more for that. But that is why I am checking out sky suites on deck 6---It would only be worth it to us if the balcony is at least partially covered, that much bigger, reasonably private, and we can still eat in Blu a few times.

we were under the buffet on the S class ships and had no issues with noise. I think we were also in this area on M class when the A2's were CC cabins and don't remember anything specific. We are book in an Aqua cabin on our Alaska cruise under the carpeted eating area.

Mary Lou

Ok, I am trying to decide between the aqua cabins under beginning of buffet area mid ship deck 9 or splurging for one of the larger towards aft balcony sky suite cabins on deck 6 above Cellar Masters. If there is no covering at all by cabin 6120- 6128 then I would just prefer to save the money and go aqua, where there is an overhang over deck 9 mid ship.

Any way from what I read, many of the cabins towards the aft have no covering over balconies (like most princess ships which I don't like for that reason)-

Thanks, Anita

I hated being under buffet. Carts rolled over head till 11 pm cleaning up and 5 am setting up. I'm a light sleeper and it drove us crazy

....... So we will do the Summit and enjoy. Meantime, don't want to waste money for stuff that doesn't matter to us. For cabins, we just want far aft to mid ship location, best balcony we can get with that, on Celebrity want option of eating in Blu. We don't care about having a butler or not, bathrooms aren't a big deal to us really, but for 3 days in Bermuda, it would be nice to have a balcony we can make use of. It is just the two of us.
It appears that you could get everything you want except for the option of eating in Blu by booking one of the nice concierge class cabins with a large, covered balcony in the suite area on deck 6.

Since you don't care about having a butler or a bathtub, with the money saved by not paying for a suite, you may come out ahead by buying a package to eat in a specialty restaurant every night, so the food and ambiance would be even better than in Blu.

It would at least be worth comparing the costs both ways to see which would be more advantageous.

This ship is missing my favorite specialty restaurant- Lawn Club Grill-- So concierge won't work for us. It is either deck 9 or possible sky suite on 6. The aqua cabins that I have heard no complaints about, were the ones near 9131 on port and 9010 or so on starboard. Even though they are under Buffet, apparently not noisy in this area.

I would only consider the sky suite if it has some covering over balcony. That is what I'm hoping someone could let me know. Anyone?

Ok, so cabin 6125/26 have covered balconies? It may be worth it to use then. I wish there were pictures like there are of 6131/32. If you know of any, please let me know the link.... Thanks for letting me know this.

We had 9071 during thanksgiving, so lots of kids and activity. No noise at all, and the supposed obstructed view was a support beam that only blocked the view if you were looking down the side of the ship. Sitting in my chair drinking mimosas in the morning and I never saw the beam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk