Rooms next to service areas???

We just booked our next cruise on the Freedom of the Seas..yay! As I am reading through some past reviews I saw someone mention that there was a white spaces beside their room on the deck plan and that white space was a service area. On their cruise, they were disturbed starting at 4am by the staff who were entering and exiting the area with carts. When I looked at our room location, I realized we have a white space beside us too so I am a little worried since we are traveling with 2 children and I do not want them awake at 4am.

Has anyone else experienced that?

cruise2.jpg.db1743664aa1936b8f5642daae02ff7d.jpg

We just booked our next cruise on the Freedom of the Seas..yay! As I am reading through some past reviews I saw someone mention that there was a white spaces beside their room on the deck plan and that white space was a service area. On their cruise, they were disturbed starting at 4am by the staff who were entering and exiting the area with carts. When I looked at our room location, I realized we have a white space beside us too so I am a little worried since we are traveling with 2 children and I do not want them awake at 4am.

The whites areas could be equipment areas that staff doesn't access. There are small area where the plumbing and other systems come together. I have stayed beside and across for areas the staff work . Most don't start work until 7AM.

It's hard to know for certain whether the white space is for service or mechanical without knowing the ship really well. Being the parent of a young child I understand your concern :p

Unless your category is fully booked it's quite easy to change to another cabin and give yourself more peace of mind.

The areas you have circled are the work areas for the cabin attendants. The larger area between them is electrical and plumbing.

The largest white area toward the bow is the crew elevators and stairs. Cabins adjacent to that location can have activity (noise) day and night.

We were next to a service area once on Explorer. Stateroom attendants were in and out all the time (we saw in the hall) but we NEVER heard them in our room. I was impressed!

We had the same experience on the explorer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What cabin? Some of the white areas are storage or mechanical others are crew stairwells/elevators.

Thanks for the responses. We are on Freedom of the Seas rooms 8587 and 8589.

We are hoping to have some late mornings so I'm glad to hear some people had no issues.

We've noticed that these areas are mostly a very small nitch where a cart may be parked, or an entrance for maintenance for access to plumbing or electrical. We have also booked cabins next to these places intentionally because we know we won't have a noisy neighbor. It has always worked in our favor.

Rick and Deirdra

I think Royal should give extra OBC to those that "decide to be next to the crew areas". These rooms should be discounted and even better if I can get a balcony for 25 percent off the going rate for being next to the crew area I would take it. I would just take along a White noise machine and use that to sleep.

Not a good place to be.