Silly Question about Chicken Wings on Two Ships!

beaches&sands

Hello all,

Are the famous buffalo chicken wings from the Blue Lagoon (Dawn), the same wings they serve at O' Sheehan's (Epic)?

As you can see I was obsessed with the chicken on the Dawn. :p

Thanks!

I don't know about the Dawn but the wings we had on the Sun were different than what we had on Epic. Both hot wings but they were much better on the Sun--they were crispier. Maybe it depends on the cook?

Does anyone know if OSheehans has the ham and cheese Panini ? That was my favorite for lunch on the Dawn! Nice quite spot, beautiful view and yummy sandwich!

Don't see it on the menu but if you ask you probably can get it .

Check the menu on this site

morning menu

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/n_breakaway_m_os_break.pdf

lunch, dinner and other time

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/n_breakaway_m_os.pdf

I've been reading how the chicken wings at O'Sheehans are not to be missed (have read this on multiple threads). Now, as someone that was born and raised in Buffalo NY and worked at Frank & Theresa's Anchor Bar, will these wings stack up to the original :confused:? If they do, :D:D:D:D:D one happy cruiser.

Hello all,

Are the famous buffalo chicken wings from the Blue Lagoon (Dawn), the same wings they serve at O' Sheehan's (Epic)?

As you can see I was obsessed with the chicken on the Dawn. :p

Thanks!

yes, the very same and the same as you get in the sports bar on the Sun.

I've been reading how the chicken wings at O'Sheehans are not to be missed (have read this on multiple threads). Now, as someone that was born and raised in Buffalo NY and worked at Frank & Theresa's Anchor Bar, will these wings stack up to the original :confused:? If they do, :D:D:D:D:D one happy cruiser.

Nope. Most things on a cruise ship have their own spin. Pizza for example. Wings for another. But if you open yourself to a new experience, you will enjoy them.

And don't be afraid to ask for them to be another way (crispier, hotter, etc.) and they will most likely do their best.

In any case, have a great cruise!

I've been reading how the chicken wings at O'Sheehans are not to be missed (have read this on multiple threads). Now, as someone that was born and raised in Buffalo NY and worked at Frank & Theresa's Anchor Bar, will these wings stack up to the original :confused:? If they do, :D:D:D one happy cruiser.

Does it matter? I love the wings and the pizza, and everything else on a cruise ship... can I compare it to onland food in Britain - most likely not. Take their English style fish n chips - they are NOTHING like truly authentic fish and chips from the UK! :) But I still like them!

I've been reading how the chicken wings at O'Sheehans are not to be missed (have read this on multiple threads). Now, as someone that was born and raised in Buffalo NY and worked at Frank & Theresa's Anchor Bar, will these wings stack up to the original :confused:? If they do, one happy cruiser.

It's a bit like comparing cruise ship pizza to that made in Italy or sushi that's made in Japan (or fish and chips from England:D)

It likely won't be quite as good but it probably will be acceptable - and - hey! - you're on a cruise and someone else is cooking/cleaning up after you - what's not to like?:D

BTW - in my (non-expert) opinion the chicken wings are very nice.

Does it matter? I love the wings and the pizza, and everything else on a cruise ship... can I compare it to onland food in Britain - most likely not. Take their English style fish n chips - they are NOTHING like truly authentic fish and chips from the UK! :) But I still like them!

Interestingly, I had the fish and chips for lunch on the Getaway recently - the chips were OK - the fish was really well cooked - I was pleasantly surprised.

The Calamari starter was superb BTW.

Those wings on the Dawn were good!!!!

A tale of wings on 2 separate cruises on the Dawn...

In May 2012, the Blue Lagoon wings were like a little bit of heaven. The wings were on the larger side, and when that hot plate of wings was presented the first thing you noticed before even picking up the first wing was your eyes were already starting to water. I must have had them almost every other day - sometimes in the afternoon and sometimes in the evening - and they always satisfied. I never did the large order of wings (which I think is 10), I always opted for the smaller order of 6.

Skip ahead to September 2013, and the 2nd afternoon I went for the larger order. The wings were smaller and not nearly as spicy as before - it was like they didn't use enough sauce to coat all the wings. I was dissapointed. For all I know it was a fluke, but I never did get around to stopping by again to give them another shot.

I'll be on the Dawn this April and will be trying them again.

Interestingly, I had the fish and chips for lunch on the Getaway recently - the chips were OK - the fish was really well cooked - I was pleasantly surprised.

The Calamari starter was superb BTW.

On EPIC - it was posh fish fingers, a small tub of pea puree, and French fries - nice, but not English style obviously. Saying that, I would still have it 2-3 times a cruise. :) Americans on the cruise didn't understand how it wasn't English style.

On EPIC - it was posh fish fingers, a small tub of pea puree, and French fries - nice, but not English style obviously. Saying that, I would still have it 2-3 times a cruise. :) Americans on the cruise didn't understand how it wasn't English style.

Granted - not fish and chips a la Whitby - but nevertheless 4 moist pieces of cod in a decent tempura batter was infinitely better than what I had previously.

I could start a rant about cheddar, bacon, sausages and beer (4 things Americans just do not get) - and as for Marmite and marmalade...

Edited by SteveH2508

Granted - not fish and chips a la Whitby - but nevertheless 4 moist pieces of cod in a decent tempura batter was infinitely better than what I had previously.

I could start a rant about cheddar, bacon, sausages and beer (4 things Americans just do not get) - and as for Marmite and marmalade...

Definitely.. :) Although they do make excellent crepes and waffles... :)

Cheddar?? Beer?? But we have WISCONSIN!! ;)

Cheddar?? Beer?? But we have WISCONSIN!! ;)

'Scuse my ignorance - but what does Wisconsin bring to the table as regards proper cheese and beer?

(I am aware of the upsurge in US microbreweries - it took you guys long enough:rolleyes:!)

Are you now finding out that cheese is not yellow rubber?:D

my brother in America brews his own beer, as even the micro-brewery stuff isn't like beer we know! Cheese should be able to crumble in some situations... and have flavour!

How about a good old cup of british tea? Not quite sure, but it never works right in America....