Nearly One Year Since Triumph Incident: Are you happy with Carnival's recovery?

thecruiserofships

Are you happy with Carnival's recovery progress?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Carnival's recovery progress?

• Yes
    • No

February 10, will mark the one year anniversary of the Carnival Triumph engine room fire. Most people know that the ship made national headlines and the safety of cruising was called into questions many times throughout the year.

Here is a blog post that quickly reviews the Triumph's 2013 highlights:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2014/02/looking-back-at-the-carnival-triumph-engine-room-fire-one-year-later.html

Carnival has announced many safety changes since this incident, made organizational changes, and run many sales (I got a great deal on the Triumph for June 2013 during the Friends and Family Sale!!)

Are you happy with Carnival's recovery progress?

Would you consider them to be fully recovered yet?

Feel free to vote in the poll and/or comment your thoughts!

Edited by thecruiserofships

Not kidding. When you graduate from HS you'll understand how it has fallen from its glory days. It's not what it used to be, but they can turn things around and become great once again.

From my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk.

Carnival got what they deserved from the press for a stupid response and dimwitted handling of that incident, and they're lucky it didn't end in a major disaster at sea.

They seemed to have learned a few lessons about ship maintenance, preventive safety measures, and responding in such a way that shows respect for their customers.

And their stock has shot up very nicely over the past year.

So I'd say they're making a good recovery.

Carnival is still cutting staff. MDR can't get food out. So new menu, do the work yourself, so need less staff. Do way with live shows, BUT have show that you have to pay for. 24 hour trivia that entertainment. Should play Carnival cut backs trivia. Last year of midnight buffet.... Last captain party.... Last guest party... Last live music by pool...last live show band....last time of shows every night....

We hope safety issues are being addressed on known issues. It would appear the right steps have been taken. But make no misistake about it, when the next problem occurs... and one will at some point, HOW Carnival handles it will be the real proof of whether or not management learned from Triumph.

I hope next time Mickey Arison has the smarts to stay off courtside and TV with his beloved Heat.

When you graduate from HS you'll understand how it has fallen from its glory days.

From my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk.

Ok EZ4. Ill say this nice and slow: For the last time I'm not in high school. :confused: I don't know why you keep saying that and insinuating that im younger than I actually am??:confused:

The op was not asking about Carnival "old glory days" but how far the company has progressed since the accident 1 year ago. They've done a stellar job over there at CHQ.

Ok EZ4. Ill say this nice and slow: For the last time I'm not in high school. :confused: I don't know why you keep saying that and insinuating that im younger than I actually am??:confused:

The op was not asking about Carnival "old glory days" but how far the company has progressed since the accident 1 year ago. They've done a stellar job over there at CHQ.

When you've bottomed out, there's only one way to go, right? :p

They seem to be doing fine. Stock price is high, bookings were really high in January - of course with this weather anyone should be able to sell a cruise. We booked our July cruise when it was -16degrees outside.

People have a short memory. I bet lots of first time cruisers looking to book now don't even remember what happened.

They seem to be doing fine. Stock price is high, bookings were really high in January - of course with this weather anyone should be able to sell a cruise. We booked our July cruise when it was -16degrees outside.

People have a short memory. I bet lots of first time cruisers looking to book now don't even remember what happened.

Bookings were high because of the cheap deposits. That's a bit of a smokescreen.

Floundering? You've got to be kidding me right? :confused:

Some struggle with change. Plus, generally speaking, the older you get the more ridged you get.

Carnival cruises have evolved. Some don't like the evolution yet Carnival has made it clear they are chasing the value cruiser. That group is also the largest market. Like it or leave it.

It's Brilliant.

They stuck the hook in with that promotion. Carnival gets some money out of it one way or another.

That's true. But it's a temporary and artificial high. Unless they make it a permanent model.

That's true. But it's a temporary and artificial high. Unless they make it a permanent model.

Or deliver a fun time for first time cruisers.

Seems like it was quite an incentive at the right time of year (not to mention such horrible weather was a bonus).

There must have been many people waiting on the sidelines looking for a reason to pull the trigger.

Carnival set the hook with that promotion. Now if they show them a good time all is well for Carnival and my prices go up :mad:

Edited by fuddrules

Now if they show them a good time all is well for Carnival and my prices go up :mad:

LOL. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Be careful what you wish for, and all those other corny cliches. ;)

Love these "floundering" prices, 3rd cruise of the year on Monday. But alas once they go up, I'll probably move on. Had a great time on all my cruises with Carnival, but she just isn't the same anymore. Probably never will be. :(

No. The Triunph was the first of a series if issues with their ships which included the Dream, the Legend, and some other ships I would have to look up.

But the worst of all was watching the Triumoh return to service after all that hoopla, and the ship failed the coast guard imspection, 3 serious enough to make them refuse to let the ship sail.

The triumph incident set off a sequence of events that have caused fares to fall, services further cut, and now the dining room and show lounges are being tampered with, with tests of more cutbacks, and charge for entertainment, all while the 2.0 Name branding and cutback guise continues.

Not sure that anyone would be happy.

The triumph incident set off a sequence of events that have caused fares to fall, services further cut, and now the dining room and show lounges are being tampered with, with tests of more cutbacks, and charge for entertainment, all while the 2.0 Name branding and cutback guise continues.

Not sure that anyone would be happy.

Someone must be happy with the high bookings just reported. I do agree with the fact that there have been many cut backs, but this is also true of RCI. I can't say what other lines are doing because I have no experience with them.

CCL, IMO is branding themselves as the value leader, looking to people who are the newer cruisers. Nothing wrong with this, but it is our decision whether to book with them, or someone else.