6 in a suite

2red4u

The inlaws are interested in coming with us, on the jewel. So 4 adults and 2 very skinny teen girls. Would a 2 bedroom suite be super uncomfortable? I wish we could swing the 3 bedroom villa but it's really not an option. We do all want a suite, for the perks. What's y'all opinion on space?

It's tight with 4 adults. You would have 2 in the master and I'm assuming you'd have 2 in the 2nd bedroom. Technically the 2nd bedroom fits 3 and then 1 on the sofa in the living room area. But if you keep the other 2 together (I'm assuming the inlaws don't want to share with a daughter), there's not enough room. Could you do the 2 bedroom for you and the 2 girls and then another suite for the inlaws? I know that's pushing the money envelope, but I think 6 in a suite is very tight.

It would be crowded but worth it! The kids can have the sofa bed

Make sure to get the foam mattress toppers for both that bed and the 2nd bedroom bed, makes it very doable.

With all the wonderful perks and special treatment you get, I would say go for it!

If you look at it as "roughing it" with suite perks and have a good attitude, I bet you will be happy.

The extra bathroom really helps.

Enjoy!

It would be crowded but worth it! The kids can have the sofa bed

Make sure to get the foam mattress toppers for both that bed and the 2nd bedroom bed, makes it very doable.

With all the wonderful perks and special treatment you get, I would say go for it!

If you look at it as "roughing it" with suite perks and have a good attitude, I bet you will be happy.

The extra bathroom really helps.

Enjoy!

would 2 fit on the sofa? I didn't think it pulled out. (could be totally wrong - I can't remember about the sofa in our 2br's), since we didn't use it.

I agree the perks are awesome but I'd want to make sure everyone had a true place to sleep.

The inlaws are interested in coming with us, on the jewel. So 4 adults and 2 very skinny teen girls. Would a 2 bedroom suite be super uncomfortable? I wish we could swing the 3 bedroom villa but it's really not an option. We do all want a suite, for the perks. What's y'all opinion on space?

Hi, 2red4u. IMHO, I think it would be too tight of a fit for all 6 of you in a 2-bedroom family suite.

The couch in the LR area makes into a twin-size bed (at least it did on the Pearl). The second bedroom has a pull-down bed from the ceiling that would sleep one and the couch in there makes into a double (although it's rather small and one side is against the wall) and I think it would be a tight fit for 2 adults to sleep on it. Unless you wanted to let your in-laws have the king-size bed in the master bedroom and you shared the small bedroom with one of your daughters.

I would think booking the 2-bedroom family suite and an adjoining mini-suite would work best and everyone would have enough space to be comfortable.

Here's a picture of the couch made into a bed in the LR area of the Pearl.

IMG_1013.jpg.221a18ffddced76bcff265827cfb580c.jpg

We love the 2 bedroom suite for our family of four. My only concern is that the second bedroom closet and storage space is really limited. Our friends had this suite for six of them; mom, dad, three children and grandma, and that was their only complain. They enjoyed their suite perks a lot and thought it was worth it.

If we did a 2 bedroom with a connecting mini would the mini get suite perks also? I really would like for my inlaws to come but we can't really swing 2 suites. And to be honest I'm being selfish and don't want to give up suite perks for my own family.

It would be too crowded IMHO. If there were 3 kids, it would work perfectly since the kids could have the 2nd bedroom and the one bunk and have a room all to themselves.

We had 5 adults and it worked and everyone had their own TV. But one more adult would be too much. Although you can do it but a long wait for the shower :(

If we did a 2 bedroom with a connecting mini would the mini get suite perks also? I really would like for my inlaws to come but we can't really swing 2 suites. And to be honest I'm being selfish and don't want to give up suite perks for my own family.

No, there are no suite perks associated with a mini-suite.

It would be crowded but it is doable. You still have two bathrooms, with a tub separate from the shower on the master bathroom. As I said on my previous post my only concern is the storage space. One of your daughters can sleep with the grandparents and the other one on the sofa-bed. NCL offers the best suite perks, enjoy the experience….:):)

Edited by drarill

A possible inexpensive solution to check into is to book all 6 into the suite, if it holds 6, and then book an inside across the hall for the extra sleeping and bathing. This way everyone has paid for the suite perks, but you also get the room you need.

Haven't done it myself, but I think I read that someone had.

If your teens are like mine were they can sleep anywhere. One could be on the sofa and one camped on a foam thingy covered with a comforter for extra cushioning on the floor...taking turns each night. The butler or steward could easily stow that every day...

A possible inexpensive solution to check into is to book all 6 into the suite, if it holds 6, and then book an inside across the hall for the extra sleeping and bathing. This way everyone has paid for the suite perks, but you also get the room you need.

They will not let you book this. At least one person will have to be booked into the inside room and they will not officially be allowed the suite perks. I asked about this for a cruise a year ago and this is the official line. What actually happens on the ship? I have no idea.

You cannot do this. Cannot have one person booked in two different cabins.

To the poster who asked about booking a mini suite in addition - those booked in that cabin would not receive the same perks as those in the two-bedroom.

I would not put 6 in a 2 BR suite unless 4 were children.

It is still only 500 + square feet, the master takes up a lot of that. Storage for the second room is minimal.

the skininess of the teens matters not as much as their needs- hair stuff, clothes,shoes... a bit of privacy.

There won't be any in one suite!

Also- one of the best perks of the suites are those in the Haven area- nice to never have to leave if you don't want to, and to be able walk out your door into the courtyard for your breakfast.

I hope you find the right arrangement.

I know that i could not do it, but if you and the in-laws are real close, and the girls light packers...get a suite in the Haven and , as one poster said, bring a sleeping bag!!

Jewl is lovely..have fun!

I have done it, and I think that Cheryl has done it. It has to be an adjoining cabin, get a reservations supervisor on the phone and explain that you would like to make the adjoining mini-suite a 3rd bedroom for your cabin. What I do is then book it under my name since the suite is under my name also, and as stated book all 6 in the suite. Did this last year on the Gem.

Adding my 2 cents worth...

Yes, it would be tight but I say go for it. However, are you talking about the 2 BR in the Haven? I hope so because this is what I am basing my opinion on. We had only 2 people in the 2BR Haven on the Pearl December of 2013. I did pull down the bed in the smaller (children's) 2nd bedroom and lay on it. I am 5'7'' with a smaller frame and it would have been comfortable for me to sleep on but I would request a topper to make the mattress softer. Putting 2 adults on the bottom sofa/bunk/bed would be difficult. I think two younger elementary-aged children would fit fine, but not teens or adults.

I would put one set of adults in the main BR, the second set of adults in the (children's) second bedroom and the teenagers in the living room. I don't know if they could both comfortably sleep on the pull-out sofa BUT...There is plenty of room for a roll-away cot if the coffee table and extra sitting chairs are pushed to the end of the sofa for the night. The second teen could sleep on that just fine. She would be up against the wall and under the flat screen t.v. Certainly these girls could accommodate while being in such a wonderful suite for the week?;) You would all have the suite benefits, Haven, Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, priority seating in the theater (yes we know they aren't the best seats but seriously, you have the option of sitting anywhere in the theater. You just have to show up earlier and possibly stand in line.) etc., the list of amenities are posted here on C.C. and elsewhere on the internet.

Storage: SO MUCH ROOM!!! Yes the second bedroom has a small closet. However, there is a huge amount of storage space in the master bedroom under the t.v. Two large door which opens to revel two shelves that are very wide and deep. As an example, I could easily stack 4 pair of folded jeans and have them 2 stacks deep and 3-4 stacks wide on each shelf. The master closet is huge and will hold the hanging clothing of at least 3 adults if not four. You will need to request additional hangers. To the left of the closet is a set of shelves with pull-out drawers that are very deep. I had to really pull them out far and bend down to see into the back of them to make certain nothing got pushed back there before we dis-embarked. In the bathroom there are additional drawers AND single and double-doored storage shelves that are large. The girls could easily keep their folded clothes in this area. There is a huge amount of storage in this suite. Again, maybe not the most convenient of area to access, but doable for the length of time. In addition, there is storage under the bar. Drawers and a couple of shelves. The butler could remove the extra table service, ketchups, napkins, etc. and the girls could have this as their personal storage space?

It sounds like you have a fun vacation being planned! I'm envious, as our next cruise is still over 280 days away. Have a wonderful trip!