How soon can we get another alcoholic drink with classic package?

kon000

Since we will sail with two little toddlers (2yrs and 1yr old) we will spend time in our stateroom when they have nap and evenings.

We will have classic package with 123go and want to get few glasses of wine each to put into our mug with lid to take back to stateroom, so we can have wines while looking after kids in the stateroom.

Wondering how soon we can order another drink to fill the mug to take back to our room.

I imagine traveling with two toddlers means they'll be traveling with enough stuff that 2 bottles of wine could be a burden. Plus, if you have the drink package, why not fully utilize that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

JUst off the celebrity reflection february 1 sailing. My experience varied from bartender to bartender.

I had one bartebnder who would not give me a bottle of water and a mixed drink at the same time and told me I had to consume the drink I had ordered first (happened to be the large size bottle of water??) first

Odd

rest of the time no one seemed to care - I would suggest this - with two cards and two mugs husband or you hit different bars starting from the top ie Mast bar and working way down

ie mast bar

poolside bar

and if need be one other bar

the drinks cld be emptied into the mugs as he goes down toeeards the cabin

two would probably do it

on other hand I agree with the suggestion that having a couple of small boxes of wine (nope not a wine connesseur for sure) worked for us too just for conveniencee

On the Solstice last year my wife was told you had to wait 10 minutes between drinks. Even if you go to a different bar they go by the scan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is definitely not true, there isn't a time limit on ordering drinks as long as they are for yourself and you don't have more than one in front of you (they usually have no problem with water + a drink).

In the OP's situation though I am not sure what would work or if they'd allow multiple glasses of wine to be poured into tumblers. They might be concerned that it's a sharing issue.

I imagine traveling with two toddlers means they'll be traveling with enough stuff that 2 bottles of wine could be a burden. Plus, if you have the drink package, why not fully utilize that?

The OP could still utilize the drink package. They could get one glass each (for some reason, sipping wine out of a tumbler seems so wrong :D I personally think that wine taste funny out of plastic) and take it to the room. When they need a refill, they can pour from their bottle or box (if a box is easier to pack.) ;)

What wines did they offer for under $8.00? I am concerned that we will not like the wines that are in the classic package but can not find any info on what kind is included.

Go to this link and scroll down the page - you will find the MDR wine list which will give you an idea of what types of wines are available for $8 and under. Other bars such as Cellar Masters may have more selections.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1979030&page=3

Just off the Silhouette in December and I never had a problem getting 2 glasses of wine using my DH's and my cards. The problem is getting the elevator open if no one is around but it is doable. You best know which bars are open and at what times. I had packed a mug with a lid for just this purpose but never needed it. We did not bring wine with us in our roller-boards and the drink cards were really great I got wine in the afternoon while getting dressed and also brought glasses back to the room after dinner. The coffees were also terrific. They come with a lid and are very portable with a heat proof holder.

You can get another drink as quick as you can either:

a. consume the first one, or

b. walk to the next bar

Best answer!! I walk from bar to bar in the morning to get a couple of bottles of water before a tour. ;);)

You don't need to collect bottles of water at the bars. There will be lots of cold bottled water on a table at the gangway that you can pick up on your way off the ship. It's included in the drink package.

Not always. We got caught out thinking this and had to go back because they did not have a table as expected. This was on the Solstice last year.

JUst off the celebrity reflection february 1 sailing. My experience varied from bartender to bartender.

I had one bartebnder who would not give me a bottle of water and a mixed drink at the same time and told me I had to consume the drink I had ordered first (happened to be the large size bottle of water??) first

Odd

rest of the time no one seemed to care - I would suggest this - with two cards and two mugs husband or you hit different bars starting from the top ie Mast bar and working way down

ie mast bar

poolside bar

and if need be one other bar

the drinks cld be emptied into the mugs as he goes down toeeards the cabin

two would probably do it

on other hand I agree with the suggestion that having a couple of small boxes of wine (nope not a wine connesseur for sure) worked for us too just for conveniencee

I would be interesting in knowing which bar/bartender was the stick-in-the-mud. Good suggestions!

Thank you for all those comments.

Since we will have so much to bring, try not to bring bottles of wines on board, I'm sure we will try move to bar to bars and get some refill wines enjoy in our veranda state room when kids are having nap or sleep at night.

See how things work and thank you again for the great tips.

Not always. We got caught out thinking this and had to go back because they did not have a table as expected. This was on the Solstice last year.

Might have been the time of day or they just didn't get their act together.

What time did you leave the ship? We usually depart within the first hour in the morning and on 7 voyages have yet to not see the water table. True, later in the day, it's not there.

Edited by CaribbeanBound

Thank you for all those comments.

Since we will have so much to bring, try not to bring bottles of wines on board, I'm sure we will try move to bar to bars and get some refill wines enjoy in our veranda state room when kids are having nap or sleep at night.

See how things work and thank you again for the great tips.

Happy cruising to you and your wife!! we started cruising with our children when they were 3 and 4 y/o. Each cruise and every experience different, wouldn't change a thing. I just love traveling with my family, hope this is the first of many cruise for you, enjoy it!!:):)

This is definitely not true, there isn't a time limit on ordering drinks as long as they are for yourself and you don't have more than one in front of you (they usually have no problem with water + a drink).

Sometimes it IS true. There seems to be a LOT of discrepancy here, but we have had issues trying to order a drink and a bottle of water at the same time. It doesn't make sense, but I'm sure the original intent was to not allow pax with the package to order two alcoholic drinks at a time. To enforce that, either the system was programmed to not allow two to be rung up at the same time and/or bartenders had it drilled into their heads not to ring up two drinks at once.

But, nobody considered that a pax might want a drink and a bottle of water for instance, rather than two glasses of wine. Or maybe the fear was that even then, they might be sharing with someone else. Some bartenders seem to see that a bottle of water in addition to a drink really should be ok and manage to ring them up, maybe together or maybe they skirt the rule by ringing them separately. I know I once had a bartender initially say no, and then say never mind, he'd ring the water a minute or two later.

Other bartenders, maybe in fear of being reprimanded, stick to the letter of the law. Bottom line: Occasionally you may not be able to order two drinks at a time, even if they are both for yourself and even if one is non-alcoholic.