hotel 5 seattle

Michidoeme

Looking at this hotel for our 2-day post cruise stay without car in September as it seems to be very central.

Any experiences ? Also recommendable for 60 plus ? We´d like clean rooms, comfortable beds.

I just booked SpringHill Suites by the Marriot for the night b4 my cruise. I did a lot of research looking for best price, downtown close to port. I have not stayed there before but it looked really nice. Its $149 and Free Hot/cold breakfast. 1/2 mile from space needle and only 1 mile from port. They also provide a free shuttle that will pick you up at the rail. The light rail is only $2.75 from the airport to West Lake. West Lake is where the shuttle picks you up to take you to the hotel and that is about 1 mile from hotel. All is walking distance and no need for car. My second choice was going to be Holiday Inn Express but this was closer to the space needle and pikes market and I heard its much cleaner :). Hope this helps you.

I just booked SpringHill Suites by the Marriot for the night b4 my cruise. I did a lot of research looking for best price, downtown close to port. I have not stayed there before but it looked really nice. Its $149 and Free Hot/cold breakfast. 1/2 mile from space needle and only 1 mile from port. They also provide a free shuttle that will pick you up at the rail. The light rail is only $2.75 from the airport to West Lake. West Lake is where the shuttle picks you up to take you to the hotel and that is about 1 mile from hotel. All is walking distance and no need for car. My second choice was going to be Holiday Inn Express but this was closer to the space needle and pikes market and I heard its much cleaner :). Hope this helps you.

You are lucky with the rate. Where did you find it ? For our cruise in September I got quote of USD 229 per night :D

The Hotel 5 is a former Ramada Inn taken over and modernized by a quality local firm, Pineapple Hospitality (who run the Maxwell Hotel near Seattle Center and a couple of decent places in the University District.) It's very well located and reports are that it's nothing like the rather shabby Ramada operation that preceded it. I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for all replies. Found a rate of $ 158 excl taxes, which does not seem to be bad for September weekend in Seattle downtown.

Is that rate for hotel five or spring hill suites?

We are looking for a hotel in Seattle in September as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're favoring this hotel also for our late May cruise out of Seattle.