First cruise a World Cruise! Jan 2015 - with P&O

cordelia501

I was told I didn't do things by halves. For my very first cruise I am sailing on Arcadia from Southampton, England, for 106 days around the world on Jan 6 2015. First of all, is anyone else out there going on it from the UK? Secondly, anyone out there with some useful tips for a beginner on a major 3 month cruise? I would be very happy to hear from you :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Wow, a world cruise for your first. Should be great. There is a section of these boards called the Roll Calls. This is where you can meet others sailing with you. To join, go to the top of this page and move the cursor over "Community". Select Roll Calls from the drop down. Scroll to your cruise line and then Click on your ship. Finally, find the thread for your sailing.

The most useful tip I would offer is to take a brief, short cruise before you pay a ton of money for a world cruise only to discover cruising is not 'your cup of tea'. It likely will be and you probably will love it but I would never chance such an investment of time, effort and money without a 'sampling' first.

I don't mean to be a 'debbie downer' but you asked. :o

Edited by sail7seas

The most useful tip I would offer is to take a brief, short cruise before you pay a ton of money for a world cruise only to discover cruising is not 'your cup of tea'. It likely will be and you probably will love it but I would never chance such an investment of time, effort and money without a 'sampling' first.

I agree! :)

I agree learn some of the ropes ..

I was told I didn't do things by halves. For my very first cruise I am sailing on Arcadia from Southampton, England, for 106 days around the world on Jan 6 2015. First of all, is anyone else out there going on it from the UK? Secondly, anyone out there with some useful tips for a beginner on a major 3 month cruise? I would be very happy to hear from you :)

Try your questions here. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1753202

I totally agree. There are a lot of people who, after a first cruise, realize they hate cruising. You really need to take a short cruise to see if it suits you. If not, you'll be miserable for 106 days.