Oasis - Do I really want to do the ship tour?

balle26

I'd do it on your own.

How can you do it on your own? I thought most places are off limits to passengers.

I think it is definitely worth the price, you get to see the inner workings of the cruise ship. I am planning on doing it in October on the Allure.

How can you do it on your own? I thought most places are off limits to passengers.

I think it is definitely worth the price, you get to see the inner workings of the cruise ship. I am planning on doing it in October on the Allure.

I thought they were talking about the free guided ship tour on day 1.

Ive gone threw board and watched some you tube videos of these tours and I really want to do it and the DW has zero interest in doing this tour.

I though about it alot, after seeing pictures and some videos i decided to spend the extra 150$ on some drinks... that would be my booe budget for the cruise :)

The all access tour includes a number of areas that are otherwise inaccessible for passengers but it is, to my mind at least, extremely expensive. Basic tours of the bridge, galley, and backstage are free and offered to many guests, especially to those who have booked suites or are Diamond Plus or Pinnacle members.

My husband did it on the Allure last year. Although he seemed to see and learn a lot of interesting things, he felt that it wasn't worth it. There were some areas he hoped to see that they didn't visit. He was very excited for it, and was just disappointed when it was over.

I have never done a ship tour before but when I was on Allure, I had to do it, it is the biggest cruise ship in the world after all.

The $150 cost is quite expensive but personally I find very interesting to be going behind the scenes of a ship. Whether it is worth the $150, we all will have a different opinions. Now that I have done it, I have no plans of doing another ship tour on any ships in the future unless it is free of course.

If the OP had previously toured on a cruise ship before then I would say don't bother, if not then go for it.

I did the Behind the Scenes tour on the Liberty a few years ago. It was interesting, but certainly not worth the price paid. I have done a few Behind the scenes tours at Disney which were less per hour, and showed us more. I wanted to see more "techie" stuff, but that did not happen.

Here are some pictures:

http://pblq.com/bts.html

Reed