Do you recommend a drink package for us?

sweetp09

DH and I are trying to decide whether or not to get the premium or classic package. If I get one I would go for the premium and he is deciding between the two if he gets one. It is a lot of money up front, but it would be peace of mind. Would we get our money's worth though? I know this topic is brought up all the time, but it would really appreciate your input. DH and I usually drink a liter or two of water a day each at home, but In a tropical locale (we will be sailing E Caribbean) we may need more. We both like the Evian water, however I am less picky on bottled water brand. DH likes a good cup of regular coffee and is a bit picky about his coffee (I don't mean that in a negative way:)), so I am thinking he will be getting a premium cup of coffee or two each morning, as well as getting a soda or two throughout the day or with lunch or dinner. We may have a glass of wine each once or twice but plan on saving our libations for the lounges for a good cocktail or mixed drink, maybe one or two a night for the each of us. I like tea, so the premium teas sound wonderful. I want to try and plan on having more premium cocktails. DH usually likes rum and coke but may want to be a bit more adventurous,e specially if he gets a drink package. Based on what I described, do you think it would be worthwhile or would we be better off a la carte?

Here's a sample daily list of drinks which would make the Premium package worthwhile:

2 specialty coffees (e.g at Cafe al Bacio) @ 4.50 = $9

2 bottles of Evian @ 4 = $8

2 soda @ 2.50 = $5

1 glass of premium wine @ 13 = $13

2 premium cocktails (e.g. Molecular Bar) @ 12 = $24

This adds up to $59 - the daily cost of the Premium package. Drink any less than this and you would be better off a la carte or with maybe the Classic. Also, substituting lower priced wine and cocktails will bring down the daily cost to the point where a la carte or classic may make more sense. Also may want to consider a non-alcohol package and buying the occasional wine/cocktail a la carte.

I see from another post that you are in Aqua Class. One of the perks is bottled water, not Evian, but if you are not picky you do not have to pay for water which would bring the value of the drink package down.

The specialty cocktails and martini's would not be covered under the classic package, rum & coke would be.

Mary Lou