Ultimate dining package

Cruiseaholic 8

I just wondered if anyone could help me please.

We are hoping to get the ultimate dining package on our next cruise. I read on one of the forums that there are only a limited number of packages available on each cruise. Is this correct?

If that is the case, we don't want to miss out on it; however, as far as I know, you can't book it before you cruise, can you?

Any info/help would be gratefully received.

Did a back to back recently on the Reflection both weeks with the Ultimate pkg. First week was told no dining pkgs were being sold at all, that everything was all booked. Didn't lile that answer since had really wanted the pkg so went to Muranos to see if they had different response. Ended up being only 6 pax had the pkg, the other 4pax were booked in AQ and apparently didn't care about Blu. Second week there didn't appear to be many more than that either. You start seeing the same people during the lunches that were being offered and got to talking with them. I'm hoping we can get the pkg again on the Sille as I gave up my AQ cabin since hubby would rather do it again than eat in Blu. Have booked a 5nt dining pkg that hope can turn into Ultimate once onboard as another pax did the 2nd week when we were on Reflection. By the way, first week with pkg had lunch in Tuscan, LCG, and Murano plus Champagne high tea. Second week had LCG and Murano, no tea but that week buffet was held in MDR which wasn't held the first week. After all that I came home and had only gained two pounds couldn't beleieve it!

Although there are limited Ultimate Dining Packages available, I doubt you will have much problem buying one on board if you make sure that you do this as soon as you board. Take-up varies. On Constellation, there were 16 packages sold on their last European cruise last season but only 4 on their transatlantic. On the transatlantic, Ocean Liners was really full almost every night serving up to 100 covers per evening.

There always seems to be a specialty dining sales table at check-in these days [usually next to suite check-in] and, if you keep your eyes open, you should be able to find it.

We looked at the UDP and decided we wouldn't want to commit to the lenghthy dinners every night. Too many activites going on in the evening on the Silhouette to give up that much time for dinner.:rolleyes:

I just wondered if anyone could help me please.

We are hoping to get the ultimate dining package on our next cruise. I read on one of the forums that there are only a limited number of packages available on each cruise. Is this correct?

If that is the case, we don't want to miss out on it; however, as far as I know, you can't book it before you cruise, can you?

Any info/help would be gratefully received.

Make a bee line directly to a dining room/ typically Murano's and book when you board. The restaurant Kiosks may also offer the package.

While as some have said, some cruises few book the package, on others more could book- why be closed out. We now book it on the S class ships as we have many options. Seating so much better-service so much better- and of course so is the food. Have dined in MDR and Blu.

Enjoy your cruise.