Sochi Tours

Hello,

I'm looking for information/recommendations about private tour operators in Sochi who can provide a single day shore excursion and take care of visa issues. Thanks,

Bogey

You may want to post this on the board for Baltic Ports.

Hello,

I'm looking for information/recommendations about private tour operators in Sochi who can provide a single day shore excursion and take care of visa issues. Thanks,

Bogey

May want to check Tours by Locals website, I cannot confirm, but this was posted for Sochi.

'Dear guests attention YOU DON'T NEED VISAS TO RUSSIA if you arrive on the cruise liner and stay here less than 72 hours.'

May want to check Tours by Locals website, I cannot confirm, but this was posted for Sochi.

'Dear guests attention YOU DON'T NEED VISAS TO RUSSIA if you arrive on the cruise liner and stay here less than 72 hours.'

Not true , you don't need a Visa if you are taking an organized tour from the cruise line or private company. You need to have a visa if you just want to go ashore and wander.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

It is true that if you want to just get off the ship and wander on your own then you need a Russian visa. They are fairly expensive for a one day adventure.

When we were there in May of 2013 we did a ship tour which did not require visas. We were told that when we got back from the tour just walk into the city and not back through immigration until we were ready to return. We did that and walked around the city for a couple of hours all by ourselves before returning. It worked! We were on a very small ship (112 passengers).

Another option (which some friends of ours did) was to rent a local car with driver through the ship. If you did that you could go any where you wanted to go. Since you had a pre booked tour with a local guide, visas were not required. Wish I remembered the name of the company. I will check and see if I can find it.

Hope this helps! Will try to answer any other questions you have about Black Sea ports if I can.

Hi Bogey

We used "Sochi Holidays" for a private tour 4/2010. I can recommend them as our tour was wonderful and comments from our cruise critic group were positive. I just check with our guide and she is still doing the tours. You can contact her at whippoorwill43 at yahoo dot com

If you need other information about the private tour for Sochi or some of the other ports on the Black Sea ports that I did private tours in i.e., Batumi, Trabazon, Sinop or Volos you can contact me at mysti2 at msn dot com

When we were there in May of 2013 we did a ship tour which did not require visas. We were told that when we got back from the tour just walk into the city and not back through immigration until we were ready to return. We did that and walked around the city for a couple of hours all by ourselves before returning. It worked! We were on a very small ship (112 passengers). quote]

You were lucky! We were docked overnight in Sochi and took two seperate ship tours. Each time the tour returned to the ship we were herded through immigration and were not allowed to walk around the city on our own. This was a bummer sitting on the ship all afternoon unable to wander around on our own.

Click on

to see my video of these tours!

Ron

• 2 months later...

In 2009 we used Sochi Holidays and Elena was excellent. I'm not sure if she is still in business but here are 2 email addresses I have for her.

melena62@mail.ru

holidays@sochi.ru

Web site. http://www.sochi-holiday.ru

The business card I have gives the website as holi and not holiday. The computer keeps correcting this so not sure which it is.