Bonine vs. wrist band?

pampaul

does anyone know of a british version of bonine??? don't think we have it here...

Hi Kirsty

I have been searching everywhere for bonine and have just discovered that here in the UK there is a tablet called Traveleeze which has the same ingredient Meclizine Hydrochloride.

In Bonine each tablet contains 25mg's of Meclizine and in Traveleeze each tablet contains 12.5 mg's.

They don't sell them in Boots but they do have them at Lloyds Pharmacy and are £3.09 for 10 pastilles.

The adult dose is 2 pastilles every 24 hours, so the same dosage as Bonine.

Hope that helps ;)

Hi Kirsty

I have been searching everywhere for bonine and have just discovered that here in the UK there is a tablet called Traveleeze which has the same ingredient Meclizine Hydrochloride.

In Bonine each tablet contains 25mg's of Meclizine and in Traveleeze each tablet contains 12.5 mg's.

They don't sell them in Boots but they do have them at Lloyds Pharmacy and are £3.09 for 10 pastilles.

The adult dose is 2 pastilles every 24 hours, so the same dosage as Bonine.

Hope that helps ;)

Thank you - however, discontinued due to a factory fire at present... so unable to buy online/locally. :( I think i'll make sure I get to walgreens/Walmart in Miami before boarding the ship.

On my cruise, I started with sea bands. I felt so good, that I took them off on the third day. On our last night, we were coming home in 28 foot seas. I put them back on that day, took bonine and ginger candy. I had an awful headache and was sick to my stomach. I'm not sure if I over did it with the bonine, sea bands, pills for the headache and ginger. I haven't been that sick since I was a new drinker!

I have another cruise coming in April. Should I take the bonine morning and night every day and keep the sea bands on the whole time? I do not want to get sick again.

I found out on our first cruise that I am very prone to sea sickness. :(

After our first cruise I found out to use Bonine BEFORE even getting on the ship, so that it's in your system. Great advice!!! I have been using it ever since. I would say it cuts down on my nausea by about 75%. I still get queasy sometimes if the seas are a bit rough.

I've also heard really good things about the sea sickness band (I'm not sure what it's called or what brand). We're going on the Norwegian Sky in August and I'm debating whether I should try the band or not. And where do you buy them, a pharmacy?

Can you use BOTH the band and Bonine?

I've also heard about ginger pills. Can you use these along with Bonine/wrist band? I'm trying to stop the nausea as much as possible.

Thanks!!!

I used to get sick on every cruise taking Dramamine. I switched to taking bonine and using seabands, and the sea sickness went away 100%. On my last cruise I only did the seabands and had no problems. I have since used the bands on fishing and scuba boat trips and they work everytime. They have been a life changer. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone that has issues with seasickness.

6&8

I know when I take Bonine, I start taking it a day or two before I leave on the cruise and continue taking it every until I get home.

Is this also true with the Sea Bands? Do you have to start wearing it before getting on the ship? Can you wear it constantly throughout the week or only when you feel sick?

I start taking Bonine (generic type) non drowsy the night before the cruise and continue, one each night before bed. No seasickness. I also put a drop of Motion-Eze behind each ear before I go to dinner each night. Seems like the evening is when the motion is the most after leaving ports. Motion-Eze is a tiny bottle of aromatherapy oil. It is generally found near the stomach/and Bonine meds. You will miss it if you don't look close...very tiny bottle.

I have been seasick, extremely ill, only once but it was after snorkeling in open water in Cancun. Don't want that feeling ever again. It was not a ship excursion thank goodness so I didn't have to deal with being on a ship later.

Good luck!

I know when I take Bonine, I start taking it a day or two before I leave on the cruise and continue taking it every until I get home.

Is this also true with the Sea Bands? Do you have to start wearing it before getting on the ship? Can you wear it constantly throughout the week or only when you feel sick?

I put them on just before getting on the boat. I wear them all week continuously. I only take them off to shower because they are cloth and stay damp for a while. I will typically bring two pairs in case one gets wet. Once they dry they are fine again. Even wet they work.

6&8

Edited by sixesandeights

One note about the bands. When you first put them on they are slightly uncomfortable. You will quickly forget this feeling, so stick with it. Also make sure to follow the directions for placement. It is not hard to get right, but if it not on the right spot it doesn't function as well.

6&8

I didn't need anything on our 2013 cruise however on our cruise last week I started to feel the seas on day 3 so started taking Bonine which luckily I had brought. I'll do the same thing next year but might start taking it right away just to be sure.