Three Nights Pre Cruise Seattle in June

First Time PR

My boyfriend and I will be on our honeymoon trip to Alaska on the Golden Princess June 14, 2014. We will be arriving to Seattle on Wednesday June 11 and are looking for a downtown hotel in the low $200...any suggestions?

We have been considering Hyatt at olive 8, Hotel Max and Mayflower. We want to be near downtown so we can walk to Pike Place.

Thanks for your help!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Seattle is quite small so don't worry so much about location. ie If you stay nr the Seattle Center/Space Needle the monorail to downtown only takes 3-4 minutes! Look at Hampton Inn on 5th.

Or if you stay on Lake Union you can take the streetcar or some hotels like Silver Cloud have a free shuttle to drop you off. Or taxi anywhere in town will be under $10.

Edited by mapleleaves

Our current favorite Seattle hotel is the Mayflower Park due to its excellent location and wonderful staff. But be forewarned that the entire hotel is non-smoking. Since we are non-smokers, we find this a great plus, but smokers could be surprised to find the entire hotel non-smoking.

Seattle is quite small so don't worry so much about location. ie If you stay nr the Seattle Center/Space Needle the monorail to downtown only takes 3-4 minutes! Look at Hampton Inn on 5th.

Or if you stay on Lake Union you can take the streetcar or some hotels like Silver Cloud have a free shuttle to drop you off. Or taxi anywhere in town will be under $10.

Thanks!!! I will look into some hotels in that area.

Our current favorite Seattle hotel is the Mayflower Park due to its excellent location and wonderful staff. But be forewarned that the entire hotel is non-smoking. Since we are non-smokers, we find this a great plus, but smokers could be surprised to find the entire hotel non-smoking.

We're also non smokers so I love that ;-)

We stayed at the Hyatt at Olive in 2008. It was a bit of a walk from the main tourist areas but not too bad. Breakfast was good. They arranged a shuttle ($10pp) to get us to the HAL pier.

It is within walking distance of the REI flagship store with it's awesome rock climbing tower.

What area some good options in this area?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Inn at the Market is a fantastic boutique hotel that is literally *in* the market. The rooms are in the low $200s in the winter time, but look to be about $285/night in June.

If you want to be really close to Pike Place, the Moore Hotel is a funky old place that is super close (2nd and Virginia). I've stayed there a bunch. It's very basic, but it has a lot of charm. $80-130/night depending on the room.

Inn at the Market is a fantastic boutique hotel that is literally *in* the market. The rooms are in the low $200s in the winter time, but look to be about $285/night in June.

If you want to be really close to Pike Place, the Moore Hotel is a funky old place that is super close (2nd and Virginia). I've stayed there a bunch. It's very basic, but it has a lot of charm. $80-130/night depending on the room.

Thanks!! I'll look into these.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! Just booked 2 nights pre and 1 night post cruise at The Moore!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Was there a show at the Moore Theater while you were staying there? I've always wondered if it would be noisy upstairs. For the folks who are staying there, you might want to have a look at the schedule--if there's a show you'd enjoy (or if you're just going on the "if you can't sleep through 'em, join em" principle), you might want to buy tickets--it couldn't be much more convenient!

http://www.stgpresents.org/moore/calendar/monthcalendar/2014/