Shore Excursions...will we have enough time?

First Time PR

My boyfriend and I will be on our honeymoon cruise to Alaska aboard the Golden Princess on June 14, 2014. For Juneau and Skagway we want to do the following:

Juneau: In port 11AM - 10 PM

Whale watching with Harv and Marv at 1:20 PM. Ask to be dropped off at the Mendenhall Visitor Center on the way back. Shuttle back to port.

Skagway: In port 6 AM - 8:15 PM

Temsco dog sledding glacier tour 9:15 AM

Frontier Excursioners Yukoner Tour 1 PM

Are we trying to do too much or will we have enough time for both activities at each port?

Thank you so much for any input you can give us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wow, you are lucky. Im going may 17th on NCL Jewel. We are only in Juneu 6 hours and skagway 10 hours. doing the train and zip line in skagway and the helicopter dog sled in Juneau. wow, you have plenty of time. Try to book it on line with shore excursion and put the times you want to go in, it will tell you if you have enough time. You can back out and dont save or pay at that point. Look good to me..Have a great Honeymoon!

My boyfriend and I will be on our honeymoon cruise to Alaska aboard the Golden Princess on June 14, 2014. For Juneau and Skagway we want to do the following:

Juneau: In port 11AM - 10 PM

Whale watching with Harv and Marv at 1:20 PM. Ask to be dropped off at the Mendenhall Visitor Center on the way back. Shuttle back to port.

Are we trying to do too much or will we have enough time for both activities at each port?

Thank you so much for any input you can give us.

Yes, but I believe the Visitor Center at Mendenhall closes at 7:30.

You're lucky to have such long hours, my time in Skagway this coming May ends at 4:30. Really cuts into touring time.

Yes, but I believe the Visitor Center at Mendenhall closes at 7:30.

You're lucky to have such long hours, my time in Skagway this coming May ends at 4:30. Really cuts into touring time.

Unless you have a typo, you appear to be in skagway 14 hours. That is why I said such a response. I am only going to be in Juneau 6 hrs and skagway 10. LOL

Edited by luv2gamble

Thank you both for your input. I'll make sure to mention to the tours our plans so they can know of it.

We are lucky with so much time in these two ports!! The other two we weren't so much:

Ketchigan 7 AM - 12:30 PM

Victoria, BC 7 PM - 11:59 PM

We don't have anything planned for Skagway since it's just the morning. We're thinking of just walking around and up to Creek St (based on ridiculous amounts of research done here hahaha). For Victoria we'll probable do the city tour directly with Princess to make sure we don't get left behind

I believe that shuttles only run until about 6 PM, so you should be prepared with alternate transportation (phone number of taxi service?) if you want to stay longer.

I believe that shuttles only run until about 6 PM, so you should be prepared with alternate transportation (phone number of taxi service?) if you want to stay longer.

Thanks!!! I'll make sure to have a backup number in case.

My boyfriend and I will be on our honeymoon cruise to Alaska aboard the Golden Princess on June 14, 2014.

Re: your plans for Skagway, you also in a later post mentioned mentioning your plans to the vendors. I would make sure I double checked the length of the excursion. I've noticed many also give the time back to the pier on their website. Come back and let us know what they say.

Re: your plans for Skagway, you also in a later post mentioned mentioning your plans to the vendors. I would make sure I double checked the length of the excursion. I've noticed many also give the time back to the pier on their website. Come back and let us know what they say.

For Skagway I contacted Temsco and notified my interes in taking a 1 PM tour with Frotier Excursions and they said they'd have us back at the pier by 11:15 AM.

I also plan on notifying Frontier of my morning tour so I can get their input. I'll post their amswer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For Skagway I contacted Temsco and notified my interes in taking a 1 PM tour with Frotier Excursions and they said they'd have us back at the pier by 11:15 AM.

I also plan on notifying Frontier of my morning tour so I can get their input. I'll post their amswer too.

You have plenty of time.

We don't have anything planned for Skagway since it's just the morning. We're thinking of just walking around and up to Creek St (based on ridiculous amounts of research done here hahaha). For Victoria we'll probable do the city tour directly with Princess to make sure we don't get left behind

For Ketchikan, I was also going to just walk around and shop on Creek St. While searching online for a downtown tourist map, I came across a walking tour map that's free to download and print out, if you're interested.

http://www.experienceketchikan.com/ketchikan-walking-tour.html

For Ketchikan, I was also going to just walk around and shop on Creek St. While searching online for a downtown tourist map, I came across a walking tour map that's free to download and print out, if you're interested.

http://www.experienceketchikan.com/ketchikan-walking-tour.html

Thanks! This will be great for us! What cruise are you on?